CHAPTER-7

Last night was awful. Aahana didn't sleep well at night. So, when the morning came, she went to the bathroom, freshed up and ready to go to the office. Kait was waken up by the sound. She asked Aahana while her eyes were closed, "What are you doing so early in the morning?"

"I am going to the office to find the anklet."

"What? Now", said Kait, her eyes were shut till now, but now fully open, "But it's very early in the morning. Also it's a weekend, you know?"

"That's why I can't wait till Monday. If my anklet is there, I have to find that. It will be very late till Monday."

"Hmm, I understand. Okay, just give me 2 minutes, I'll get ready. I'm coming with you."

"No, Kait, you don't have to. I'll manage."

"But---"

"No buts, I say i'll manage. By the way, you are also very tired after the work you have done on your design. So, go rest. I'll come back soon."

"Okay, save trip."She hugged Aahana and went her bedroom.

At first, Aahana went to her office. Since,it was weekends, the company was closed. She went to the guards and asked to open the hall where the party held. The guards knew her. So, they let her got in. She was searching everywhere, but couldn't find anything. She was very upset and sad. She also asked the guards if they knew anything about an anklet or some jewellary. The guards didn't know anything.She thanked the guards and left the office.

On the other side,

Nick didn't slept last night. He just thought about the lady in golden whole night. The memory of her presence was very strong in his mind, even he couldn't forget about her eyes. What a beautiful pair of black eyes! He never didn't see in his life. He was determined to find that lady in golden. Then he suddenly remembered about that anklet which he got in the party. It was a beautiful anklet. He thought "Whose anklet is this, the lady in golden's or one of other ladies in the party? " He decided to go to the office and to search for it.

        Next morning, he went to the office. Since it was a weekends, the company was closed, but the guards were there. He went to them and introduced himself.

One of the guard said, "What are you talking, sir, we do know you. How can we help you,sir?"

Nick asked,"The lady who wore that golden dress, do you guys know her? "

"No, sir.I don't think we knew her. Everyone was given masquerade mask in the party, so we know the faces and we have guest list to check. But this lady wore the mask from outside, so we couldn't see her face."

"Hmm, how can you guys just let her in? Had she an invitation card with her?"

"Yes, sir. She had."

"Okay, do one thing. Give me the guest list."

"Sure sir." One of the guard came out with a list and gave to Nick. Nick took the list and came towards his car. He suddenly remembered about the anklet,coming back to the guards, he questioned them to know about anything about anklet. They told them, a girl came this morning to search for an anklet. 

Nick asked them, "Who is she? Did you know her?"

"Yes sir, she is one of the new interns, Aahana madam."

"Aahana! hmm. Okay, listen don't tell anyone that I asked you about this. And you don't have to tell your Aahana Madam about this anklet also."

"But, sir, she was upset not to find it. She was even crying." 

"No, you don't have to. I'll give her personally. So, don't bother."

"Okay, sir."

  Nick kept the anklet in his coat's pocket. He thought, he knew whose anklet was, so he would return her in Monday. But now he had to find that Lady in Golden.Nick got into her car and went to search for his Lady In Golden. He decided to check on every lady in the guest list. So he went away.    

       Saturday and the next Sunday morning he went to every single guest's house to search for his Lady in Golden. But nothing found. He was so depressed about that he didn't notice a little girl was supposed to be hit by his car. But at the very perfect moment a woman ran in front of the car and saved the girl. And he moved his steering wheel in other direction to avoid the accident and hit his car to the roadside lamp-post.

_________________________________________________________

Thank you for choosing & reading this story.Please do comment and let me know if you like it or not, so far. By the way, can anyone guess what will happen next?