CHAPTER - 34

Nick's birthday was coming in next 2 days, but Aahana didn't have the chance to tell Nick about his mother's truth till now. Whenever she got free time, she went to meet with Nick, but he was too busy with his works. She even stayed late for last 3 days in this hope maybe she could catch him before leaving. But where's what? She couldn't even see his shadow now-a-days. The truth was eating her from inside; She wanted to tell it to him, but that Nick... Damn!! She was getting frustrated as days passed. 

       She thought of staying late today as well, working on her graphics for extra time. But as she continued to work on, she kept her eye out on the direction of Nick's cabin, hoping to catch him today. But suddenly her office phone rang, she took it. 

"Hello, Aahana speaking."

"Oh! Thank God, you're here." The other side desperately spoke out.

"Yeah, what happened?" Her brow frowned.

"Can you come to the story department right now? It's an emergency. There have been some changes happened in the story plot and you have to do them in the graphics by tomorrow, 12 pm."

"What? By myself? It's already 7. How can I change the graphics all alone by tomorrow?"

"I'm sorry, Aahana. I tried to call others, but they already left the office for today. You start the work by yourself and when others will come tomorrow, you can hand over the work to them. Please Aahana...." The other side begged her continuously.

She sighed. "Okay. At least send someone to me with the changes."

"We are sort of stuffs right now. Please come here and collect the documents."

She sighed again. "Okay, I'll come." She said, putting down the receiver and got up from her chair to go to the story department. There she got all the details of the changes and turned to the door to go back to her own graphic department, but someone called her. Steve, a worker from the story department, called back her to give her some important documents which had to be signed by Nick immediately.

"Why me? I already have to work on this graphics.. No, find someone else. I have my job to do."

"Please Aahana.. your department is on the way of Boss's cabin and it's a work of just few minutes. Also we are sort of stuffs. Please Aahana..." He started to beg. 

Aahana was bad at saying 'no' when someone started to plead her. She thought of it as a chance to confront Nick as well. At this time no one would be there except him, so it should be a good opportunity to tell him about his mother.. that what she thought. So she agreed to do it, but she did say to Steve, "Okay, I'll do it, but you owe me."

"Okay okay. Tomorrow's lunch is on me." Steve said smilingly. He was a good guy.     

              She took the documents and her own story details and went towards Nick's cabin. She was going to knock the door, then again thought not to; Since it was already late so there wouldn't be anyone than him. She just pushed the door and started to call out, "Ni-- Oh!" And suddenly stopped from seeing he was with someone. Is she not the one of the model from Kait's competition? And she was the one whom Nick kissed that day. Suddenly she remembered the kiss between them and felt uncomfortable to stand there. She was going to come out from his cabin, when Nick called out.

"A-Aahana? What are you doing here? Didn't you go home yet?" He asked, slightly pushing Amy to the side, while trying to stand from his seat.

Aahana just gave him a professional smile," No, I didn't go home yet. I'm just working on the graphics last minute."

"Oh!" Nick was taken aback from Aahana's professional smile. After spending so much time with her, Nick actually could tell apart her genuine and professional smiles; And it pained him somehow to see her professional smile in front of him .