CHAPTER- 20

The phone was ringing. Then it was cut. Again it was rung, again cut. This was repeated for three times. No one was answering it. Kait was starting to worry. "What the hell Aahana? Why didn't you answer the damn phone!!..", she muttered herself. She couldn't wait at the door and came down from the building and went to the near park while trying the phone again and again. She was looking for Aahana everywhere on the way to the park, then she saw her......sitting on a bench near the children's playground. And she was sitting alone-- Nick wasn't there, also the children who had come to play regularly, weren't there..... Some people were strolling on their own. They were looking at Aahana curiously while passing her. Kait sped up her walking and reached to Aahana. Kait was shocked to see the expression on Aahana's face.. it showed that she wasn't there in that moment, somewhere else. She(Kait) sat beside her(Aahana's)on the bench, but Aahana didn't notice. Kait placed her hand on Aahana's shoulder. She(Aahana) looked dazedly towards Kait. Kait shook her(Aahana) grabbing the shoulder.

"Ahh...", Aahana cried out loud in pain.

Kait said, concern in her voice, "What happened?? How did you hurt yourself?" Without waiting for any reply from Aahana, Kait grabbed her(Aahana's) shirt and tried to look for the wounded area. Aahana stopped her for doing so and said, "i'm fine, Kait. It's just a very little wound than what Nick is going through..."

Kait didn't understand what she was saying, but was patience to hear her out. But suddenly Aahana stood out and was walking out from the park. Kait called out her, "Hey Aahana... don't you wanna talk about it? And what happened with Nick?? I don't get it what you say!!!" 

Aahana gave her a weak smile and said, "Yeah, i'll tell you. But first I wanna a cup of strong coffee. So, can we go home?? "

Kait nodded her head slowly and they walked together the way of home.

*****************

Aahana told Kait everything what Nick told her, while making the coffee. Kait was shocked to hear that, "Oh, wow!!!! Didn't think that Nick has that kind of past. Poor him.." Kait stopped. Then remembering something, she again told, "But how you got the would on your shoulder?" 

"Oh! That's when Nick had grabbed on my shoulders", said Aahana, giving a cup towards Kait and grabbing her own coffee mug and sat on the couch. She continued, "He was so overwhelmed with so much emotions, rage, sorrow.. that he didn't keep his cool and hurt me unconsciously.", explained Aahana while sipping her coffee.

"Oh, so that's why you were in a daze at the park...? ", asked Kait.

Listening the question Aahana choked on her coffee, starting to cough. Kait  put down her coffee mug and tried to help her by patting her back , "What are you doing? Drink slow..", she said while taking the cup from her(Aahana's) hand and placed it on the center table and asked in suspicious voice, "Is there anything happen after that?"

Aahana bit her lips and said shyly, hesitantly, "He kissed me. On lip. And I also kissed him back", her eyes were down in shyness, her cheeks turned red. Kait's eyes went big in surprise and stood up from the couch and started to dancing. Aahana was shocked at her reaction, "Kait? Why are you starting to dance?"

"I knew it", Kait shouted, "I knew it would be happened."

"What did you know??", Aahana asked in questioningly.

Kait flopped down beside Aahana on the couch and said excitedly, "I knew that there is something between you two, the chemistry between you two, the synchronization, the looking at each other... everything were just telling me that there would be something happen between you two. And look, there is...." Aahana glared at Kait from corner of her eyes. Kait stopped and took her coffee mug, muttering, "Soooo coool. Okay," now she spoke in loud and asked,"So, all this time you dazed about this? That you guys kissed??"