CHAPTER - 53

The visiting hours had started in the hospital. Nick had just parked his car in the specific spot and went towards the receptionist to ask the room number in which Mr. Matthew was shifted after the observation period. He was already informed of his father's moving to normal bed and regaining consciousness on the way of his hospital visit. So Nick's mood was pretty relaxed and calm; And after today's talk with Anne, he was totally in a good mood. But this stayed just for few minutes as he was informed by the receptionist that there was already a visitor in Mr. Matthew's cabin. 

"A young woman around 23-24 years old, black hair..." 

He heard that much before dashed in the direction of the elevator and pressed the button repeatedly to go to the 5th floor. He really would do something unimaginable if this time Amy did something to his father. He was ready to take the risk of the company if that meant he could save his father from that evil witch. After the elevator stopped at the destination, he dashed towards the room, when he suddenly bumped into someone. The person couldn't bear the sudden impact and fell onto the ground with a thud. 

"Oh I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking--" Nick quickly started to apologize. 

"It's okay. I understan--"

      Both parties stopped as soon as they heard each other's voice and looked at each other.

"Aahana!" A small whisper came from Nick's mouth as he kept looking at the beauty in front of him. The yellow kurti she wore, it brought the brightness and light of hope in this dull white painted wall of hospital. Her hair, still wet from bathe, was kept open for air drying, and when she looked up with her kohl rimmed eyes, his world stopped. He was so shocked seeing Aahana after so many days, in addition in this environment, that his mind wasn't working properly and he thought it was a dream. He was in a trance until Aahana called him out.

"Will you continue to stand and watch me or help?"

Nick got out of his momentary trance, but still in a haze, held out his right hand for her to take. Though Aahana asked him boldly, but now while putting her hand, she was a bit hesitant. Nevertheless, she took his hand while looking into his eyes. 

Nick was still in doubt whether he was dreaming or not. He wanted to feel her closely to make sure it was actually the real. So, he pulled her off the ground with such force that she stumbled and landed on his chest; He immediately grabbed her waist with his other hand to balance them both. The faint scent of shampoo and conditioner from her damp hair along with her favorite lavender perfume were hitting his nostrils. The scent wasn't too much, rather mild, pleasant  and beautiful; Just like its owner. He closed his eyes and breathed in that scent and it instantly calmed his restless nerves. A shiver ran down his spine from holding her this close.  

It's real. It's really her.

           Aahana widened her eyes in shock at his sudden touch and closeness, but neither she hated nor was uncomfortable with it. Rather, she too wanted this touch, this closeness with him. But at the same time, they were in public, prying eyes of everyone. And she didn't want any more trouble in Nick's life than he already had . So she put her hand on his chest that wasn't in his grasp, to keep distance between them, but Nick tightened his grip on her hand and waist. She saw the helplessness and pain in his deep blue longing eyes and a silent plea of not letting her go. At least, not right now. It's too soon to let her go. She understood it perfectly because she too didn't want to let go of him. She kept resting her hand on his chest more comfortably, feeling the vibrations of agitated heartbeat. She hadn't seen him for days, so she let her eyes roamed at his perfectly chiseled face and took his appearance fully. There were dark circles and bags under his eyes, wrinkles in forehead and some grown stubble on his cheek. He looked tired and stressed, making him look older than his age.