CHAPTER-10

Nick thought about the last three days of his life. Last Friday at party he attracted by a woman who broke the black dress code with her golden dress. Her eyes were beautifully black. He could not stop thinking about the eyes. And today he encountered with a woman who actually slapped him. Surprisingly she worked in their gaming company as an intern and he found her anklet and wallet. What a coincidence? He thought she did not know who he was, so she slapped him. If she knew he was her boss's son then how she behaves- that thought was kicking him inside. So he planned to go to the company as the president from next day on.

He went his father's study to discuss the matter of joining the company. His father, Mr. Mathew, was shocked at first,"What's the matter, Nick? I told you to join the company for years, but you never listen to me. So what happened today that you wanna join the company?"

"Nothing happened,Dad."

"No, my son, I know you very well. What happened today that you changed your mind? "

"NOTHING, DAD", Nick screamed at him, "I already said nothing happened. I just came for discussing to join the company, but if you want to interrogate me then i'm going." He went ahead for the door.

"Stop where you stand." Mr. Mathhew said in a heavy baritone voice. Nick stopped in his track to go out of the room. Softening his voice Mr. Mathhew said," Sit down,here." Then he spotted the chair in front his large table.

*Sigh*" I didn't want to interrogate, but what had you done till now, I am scared to give the responsibility to you. If you insist I can give you a chance, but if anything bad happens which will connect with you, you will resign from your position- This is my condition. If you are okay with this, then we can proceed."

"Okay, done. I accept your condition, but you have to give me the charge of the gaming department. "

"Why? I thought at first to give the charge of that department. But you want to join this department specially, now i'm sure that you're up to something. What are you thinking, Nick? If you don't tell me, I will not give you any chance."

Nick thought desperately what would he say that his dad approve of this. He remembered that day before the party, his dad praised the interns, specially the intern named Aahana. He answered his dad,"How many time I say that I didn't plan anything. The success party was great. You told last time that the interns were in charge of the party planning and they were great at their work. Also they are all my age. So, I thought I can learn something from them like a friend and boss together. So, that's why I wanna join gaming department specially "

"Yes, that's true. You can learn not something from them, but many things, specially from Aahana. Do you know how the last masquerade party theme come out? It was Aahana's plan. The other two interns Alex and Sia are always jealous of Aahana. When I asked them to work together, they became the hindrance. But Aahana settled it with such an ease that I impressed of her even more. She didn't complain about that, eventually she came out with a plan and lead them all four to work together. I hope she will become a great person in future. She has potential to a great team leader. "

Nick didn't see his father to give open compliment about anyone before. This Aahana was something that his father praised like that. He asked his father to tell the other employees.

Mr. Mathhew was glad in his mind to see his son took interested in company, but did not show of a single expression of happiness. He told Nick about other employees, their current jobs, what were they best at, everything he knew about the employees. Nick listened very carefully about them.

After a long hour, Nick knew the facts about everyone, specially about Aahana. He noticed the change in his dad whenever he talked about Aahana. The expression was not as a boss, more like a proud father. His dad never showed any expression like a proud father to him, so why Aahana? That girl was shot-tempered, ill-mannered, who may be good at her work, but in mannerism- no way. "I will show him the real Aahana.", he thought in his mind, "And I want to see the surprised expression on her face to see me." He went to sleep that thought kept in mind.

NEXT MORNING IN THE OFFICE,

Aahana came to the office and asked everyone if they knew about the anklet. No one knew. She felt sad since she couldn't find the anklet either at party hall or at office. She went to her desk. She had sit on her chair when the receptionist told her that the boss was calling for her. She was astonished at first. Then she remembered, Kazuki told her at the party that Boss wanted to meet her, but she couldn't. She went to the Boss's cabin and knocked the door. A voice called, "Come in."

The person sat in the chair backwards, so she could not see the face of the Boss. She said, "Sir, did you ask for me? Kazuki also told me you wanted to meet me at the party, but I couldn't. I am extremely sorry for that."

"So, you can say 'Sorry' after all." Aahana was looking downwards at her shoes while apologizing. After hearing that she was looking forward to see the face of the the person and said "Yes ?" The chair was turning around and who she saw on the chair!!!

Aahana was shocked to see the person sitting in front of her. The person was the driver of that car from yesterday. She blinked her eyes twice to confirm herself that she saw right. But she was intelligent enough to see right through his intention from calling her, she immediately changed her surprised expression and stared in questioning look to him.

Nick was prepared himself for the sorry which she would be said to him for slapping him yesterday. But there was nothing changed in her expression. He was shocked about that.

Aahana asked, "Sir, may I ask why are you calling for me?"

Nick caught himself from staring her and then replied, "Oh, you are Aahana Dutta who slapped me yesterday."

Aahana didn't answer the question. Nick was irritated with the silence and asked again, "What? Aren't you feeling sorry for slapping me? I'm your boss from now."

Aahana stared straight into his eyes and said in a calmed tone, "Sir, you remembered me as I slapped you, but it seems that you didn't realize why I slapped you. And by the way that incident was happened outside the office and neither you were my superior till now nor I was your employee . Also one thing may I say, if you ever make that kind of incident before my eyes I will slap you again."

Nick was stunned and felt that she insulted him. He told her angrily, "Miss Dutta, you are insulting me. Do you have any idea that it causes your career. I can fire you right now."

Aahana was silent for a moment. The she replied calmly, "I am not sorry for what I did, 'cause I was right. And for the case of firing me, you have to show some mistakes of my work, which I never did in past two months till now. Everyone in this office, even Mr. Mathhew, your father, seems pretty glad about my works and behavior, so if you want to fire me you have to give an answer why are you firing me."

Nick was very angry at the answer of the lady. His voice rose, "What are you think of yourself, huh? I can fire you if I want to. I don't need for any reason. By the way I can tell that you slapped your boss..."

Aahana cut Nick in the mid-sentence and said, "If you are telling about me slapping you, then also I have to tell everyone why I have to do that. I believe then everyone would believe me why I had to do that. I already told you, but again I'm telling you, when I slapped you, then you were not my boss, so that was not count as misbehavior. Am I right or am I right?"

Nick was seriously stunned to hear the answer. He also amazed the way she talked calmly and to the point to take him down in his own argument.

Aahana lastly said, "Okay, so there is nothing more. Thank you for calling me, sir." She walked to the door, then turned and said, "And sir, welcome to the company." She smiled shortly and then got out of the room.

Nick was so stunned of the whole act. He never thought of something like that. Until now, everyone that he met was trying to please him, no one ever spoke to him in that manner or ever looking straight into his eyes. He thought it would be great to play with her. She dared to challenge him in his face. He had to show her that who was the boss. For that he would do anything.

_________________________________________________

HEY READERS, HOW ARE YOU FEELING WHEN YOU READ THIS? ARE YOU IMAGINING BEING THE MAIN LEAD ? TELL ME HOW WILL YOU HANDLE WHEN YOU ARE IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION? COMMENT BELOW TO TELL ME:)