CHAPTER-1

Aahana had been applying for a job of an intern in a gaming company. If she got the job then she will move in California, America. The result would be out today. So she was very nervous and excited both. Her parents did not know about her applying job from far away home. But she was their only child. So, they were very supportive to her every single decision. And also they knew she was a very responsible and hard working girl, she could not take any wrong decision of herself. If she had any doubts she immediately told her parents and discussed about the solutions. 

                    The result came out. Aahana was checking the mail ........................................ And she got her dream job. She told her parents about her decision to take the job offer and moving to California. Her parents were happy, but also much tensed about her moved from here to California. Actually she never lived away from her parents. But they knew their daughter very well when she took any decision, she would be done that by any cost. So her father asked,"When are you going? Your tickets, passports, Visa ..." She stopped her father in mid-way and then said cheerfully,"Don't worry Papa, Everything is settled. I will be joining from next month. They will send me my tickets by e-mail. And my passports, visa are taken care by my friend Atanu, he is in travel agencies. So don't worry. " They were surprised that their little princess became a perfect woman who can take care of herself very well. Their eyes were wet in happiness. Aahana was shocked that they were crying. So she asked, "Papa, Mummy what happened? Please don't cry. I will contact you in every hour of a day. Please don't worry." They were smiled back at her.

The time came for her leaving. She was in airport with her parents and some close relatives to say goodbye to her. She hugged her parents for a long time. She told them,"Please, take care both of you. And If anything happen, please call Keya or Jeet, they will handle it. I told them. And also call me. I know I will not be there. But they will be in my absence. And if anything big happen, wishing not to, but if anything, I will try to come right away. Hmm? " Her parents creied in happiness and in little sadness, but nodded their heads. Keya and Jeet was also their. They hugged her and told,"Don't worry about uncle-aunty. We will look after them. Promise."

"I know. That's why I leave in your care." Aahana said with a smile.

The plane took off .

***********************************************************************

                  After arriving the airport in California, she gave a call her parents to tell that she safely arrived. She took the train to go her apartment. The apartment was provided by the company and she was sharing the apartment with another roommate. She hoped that the person would be nice. She arrived in the apartment building and went to lift. The lift was stopped at 5th floor of the building. 

She did not live with anyone without her parents until now. Also she was only child, so she never shared a room with anyone. So she was a bit nervous that if she had to compromise with her roommate about anything or the person would be nice. She even did not know the roommate was a girl or boy. She took deep breath and ringed the door bell. After some seconds the doors opened and a beautiful girl was standing in front of her.

She smiled very cheerfully and asked,"Are you Aahana? New roommate?"

She nodded her head to reply the question.

"I'm Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn Leo. Nice to meet you." She shaked her hand enthusiastically.

Her new roommate seemed nice and energetic cheerful girl. She was relived that the person was not a boy. Kaitlyn showed her the whole apartment of their.

Kaitlyn said enthusiastically,"I'm actually from Texas. I am a intern fashion designer in a designing company. It is not a big company, but yeah it does some pretty works. I am leaving this apartment from almost half a year now."

Aahana asked curiously,"You have been living here almost half a year? So why don't you have any roommate until now? No offence, but it is a big apartment for only one person and the rent is also huge." Kaitlyn smiled warmly at her. Then answered," At first, the rent is given by my father until now. But, now I can afford myself, not much, but yeah, now I can.So, I think if I share this with someone, the rent will be half, then there will be no problem. So I ask the landlord to rent the apartment with share. And you know, since the landlord is my father's friend, he gave the permission to choose my roommate myself. And I choose you."

Aahana stared at her and thought why her . She understood the question in her mind. So she said,"You think why you , right? Actually, you are an Indian. And you know what I love anything about India. Their culture, food, rituals, habits, fashion all. Actually I'm very foodie. But I don't know about cooking. But I would love to learn about it. Especially the Indian food, Butter chicken, Dhosa, Idly, Chicken tikka Masala, Biriyani. "

Aahana laughed at her roommate's excitement. She could not stop her laughter.

Kaitlyn was also smiling at her and said,"What? Am I weird?"

Aahana nodded her head affirmatively and said,"Yes, you are very weird. I have not seen any foreigner to know about India this much. And you like the Indian food that much? I have not really seen anyone like that in my whole life. But it's a good thing. I also love my country very much. And about cooking? Don't worry; I can cook some of the foods that you mentioned. If you like I can teach you about that. "

Kaitlyn happily said,"Really? You can teach me how to cook Indian foods? Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. I think we are getting well. "

Aahana replied,"Yeah, we are. And I think we will be getting well in the future too."

That was the first impression or speech of Kaitlyn on her. Since then they become best friend.

Now that her tension was gone about her roommate, she was tensed about her office colleagues and bosses.

Next day in the morning, she went to the office very nervously. She was wearing a black jeans and an Indian kurti. Since it was a gaming company, it has no rule for formal cloths. So, she wore her Indian casual outfits. She went to the president's room to assign into her job. At first she was nervous to meet up with the president of that big company. But she managed somehow the tension and smoothly impressed the president. She was given her ID card and project. She went to her desk to meet up her team members, team leader and other stuff. Mostly everyone welcomed her warmly except two-three people. But it did not matter to her. It happened in every office and every field that someone hated others. She worked very hardly and appreciated by everyone. 

____________________________________________________________

HELLO EVERYONE. I AM NEW TO WRITING, SO IF THERE IS ANY MISTAKE, I AM SORRY. PLEASE READ THE STORY AND COMMENT . THANK YOU :)