CHAPTER-5

Nick was hating to go in the party with his parents. But his father Jackson insisted him to go to the party. He even said, "This time the party is different. It is a masquerade theme party and it is planned by our new interns. It was the interns we chose from all around the world. So I think there will be some taste of the countries they are from."

"The new interns?"Nick frowned his eyebrows.

"Oh, right. I am forgotten that you have not any interested to what happen to my company. How many time I tell you that be serious about your life. You are already 25 but you don't care about anything. I told you many time to join company with me. But you don't have any time except play with girls. Disgusting!! Look at the interns. They are all your age. They did the hard-working, so they could get in this renowned company. And specially Aahana. She is so matured to her age. I am impressed with how she takes the decision... "

Nick's face was red in rage. And when he heard the name of Aahana, how his father admired her, he could not stop himself, he got out of his seat and got out of his father's study.

"Stop Nick. I haven't finish the talk."

 But already he went to his room. He punched to his punching bag. He remembered the divorce between his parents, his father's remarriage while boxing vigorously. All memories were flied in his mind. He wanted to remove the bad memories, but the memories all came back. He fooled around with girls, slept with  them to side the bad memories. But these memories all the time came back whenever he spoke with his father. And now this new intern Aahana. "Oh god!! Okay, I'll go to the party only to meet this Aahana. I also want to see who she is." ,murmured  Nick to himself. 

***********************************************************            

Nick aka Nicholas J Mathew, the son of Jackson Mathew(President of the company)  was standing one side of the bar and some girls were tried to flirt with him.  He was bored from this flirting. He did not even listen their nagging. From the last 5 years he came in this success party ,which he hated. But this year the party was different. The decorations, party theme were different from last years. The party had its spark itself; looked like the interns did their best to light up the party. The music were also different. He kinda liked it. He did not forget the talk with his father. So he wanted to ask about Aahana. But his father Mr. Mathhew was preparing for a toast to the guest. He thought he asked his father about Aahana later.

           Suddenly everyone noticed at the entryway with amusement. He also looked the way to see what everyone looked at. He saw a lady wearing a beautiful golden dress with a beautiful golden mask. She was the only one who did not follow the theme, but she looked beautiful in it. He felt kind of amazed. He listened everyone whispered who she was. But anyone din't question her, even his father murmured if he knew her or not. Interesting!!

      The lady at first looking very nervous, then she entered the party and went to a guy standing in a corner. His father started for the speech. Also after the speech, a romantic song was starting to play. So couple was going to dance floor. The lady was speaking and laughing with that guy. What happened to him, he even didn't realize himself, his feet took him towards the mysterious lady. When he went towards her, he noticed her eyes between the golden glittery mask. Her eyes were black with a dramatic eye makeup, but her other makeup and accessories were minimal. Her eyes were so mesmerized. He was attracted by them. He arrived in front of her and offered his hand, "Excuse me, shall I dance with you?" He saw a hesitant in her eyes, then she took his hands. Nick held her hands and took her to the center dance floor.

              Music was already started. It was a very soothing romantic music. He liked the music. He pulled her near him and placed his hand to the small back of her. They danced very romantically. They were in their own world. Looking in each other eyes, they lost the track of the time.Everyone in the party saw them. They spread a romantic aura themselves, a kind of spark was flying around them. When they stopped dancing, everyone clapped for them and praised them.

******************************************************************

Haring the sounds of clapping, Aahana blinked her eyes. She was in a daze while dancing with the stranger. She was feeling thirsty after the dancing, so she wanted to go the bar. When the stranger asked to her for drinks, she told that she wanted to drink some water. The stranger went to the bar to bring some water, when suddenly remembered it was the day of her parents' marriage anniversary. She totally forgot about that in the preparation of the party. She didn't even talk that much with them in past couple days. She felt guilty. She left the party and called a cab to go home.     

*******************************************************************   

After the dancing ,Nick saw that the lady was going to the bar. He wanted to spent some more time with her. He offered her drink,  but she wanted a glass of water. So, he went to take some water for her. When he returned the lady left. He tried to find her, but she was in nowhere, like she was vanished in the air. Suddenly he remembered that he didn't ask either her name or contact details. He also remembered that they didn't spoken each other while dancing. They stared into each other eyes and a calm presence was between them. He was kind of getting some fun at the party. But with the lady's disappearing, he got bored again. Suddenly he noticed some jewellery fell down on the floor. He took up that from floor. It was a beautiful anklet. He kept it in his pocket.

                                                                       The anklet

                                                                       The anklet

After the party he thought about the lady in golden and her eyes. Her eyes were so mesmerized. He thought that he had to find her at any cost. He did not know how she looked or her name or where she was from. Nothing. But he had to find her.