CHAPTER - 33

Nick noticed a troubled Aahana staring at her computer blankly on his way to the cabin, but didn't go to question or comfort her, just walked past her into his cabin. He was trying to maintain his distance from her as much as he could. It was hard though. He himself didn't know it would be this hard to avoid the person whom he liked or fell for. He had a couple of relationships in the past, but never felt like this. Maybe because that so-called relationships were more physical than emotional; Or maybe they didn't try to understand him like she did; Or they just simply wanted to date the handsome billionaire bachelor for status and money, not for his ugly broken self. He sighed, leaning against his chair with closed eyes. Listening the knock on the door, he opened his eyes and saw that Kait was there. He smiled at her and gestured to sit down. 

"So, how do you like the office, Kait?" He asked.

"Very beautiful and organized. I love how the music is playing in the whole building, I never knew it was possible in offices." She exclaimed.

"There weren't any music playing before in here. It was Aahana's idea. She said and I quote, 'Music will help to lessen the office stress and keep the negative energy far away, creating a positive and bright environment for the workers and they will come to work happily.'"

 Kait laughed heartily. "No wonder she would say that. She even played music in home almost all the time, in every situation. She hums with the music, even sings sometime. She has a beautiful singing voice." She declared. 

"Really?" Nick asked in amusement. This was a new information to him. He never knew that she could sing or never heard her singing. 

She just nodded her head in answer, but smirked internally. Before Nick could understand anything, she changed the topic immediately, "By the way, I can definitely feel the positive vibes in the office and I like it very much. But the best part of the office is Cafeteria, there are so many food options that I can't wait to taste them all." The foody Kait was surfaced and Nick smiled at her, but asked in slightly authoritative voice.

"Before you can taste the food, you need to sign the papers. So, can we?" 

"Oh, absolutely." Kait answered enthusiastically. She signed all the documents that she needed to and got the permission to work from today onwards. She thanked him and turned towards the door to leave his cabin, but he stopped her.

"Kait..!"

Kait turned again to face Nick. "Yeah?"

"Do you have Amy's contact details?"

She frowned visibly. "Amy?"

"Yeah. Your friend Amy, who was modeling for you."

"Oh! That Amy! Yes, I have her contact details. But.. may I know why do you want her details?" Her frown didn't go away.

"Oh, I just want to hire some models for our new designs and since she is your friend, I thought it will be easy to work with someone you know..."

"Oh." She answered shortly. Her frown was slightly reduced, but not fully. She was thinking something. 

"So, can I get her contacts now?" Annoyance could be heard in his voice.

Kait immediately came out from her thoughts and answered. "Yeah. Here it is." She didn't want to look down upon by her boss on her first day, so she just gave the contact details of Amy to him. After giving the details, she got herself out from his cabin. She didn't feel quite good just now about how Nick wanted Amy's details. It was not unusual or rude or anything, but she had a feeling that something was about to happen. She was walking towards her department which was right next to Aahana's department, so she thought to tell Aahana first about that and went to her before going to her own department. 

                                                                ******************** 

              Aahana was staring blankly at her computer, chewing her nails. Load of works were piled on her desk. But she could care less about them right now. Her only thought was how to face Nick. The truth which was unveiled yesterday -- was the only thing that went round and round in her head. She herself didn't come fully in terms of the truth till now, so how could she tell Nick about it?

Yesterday after coming to know the truth, she didn't speak the whole way back to home. Neither did Kait. After entering their apartment, she just went her room and laid down on her bed, for a long time. Her mind was divided into two parts -- one part of her told that not to tell him about this new information, just keep it to herself; but the other part of her told that to tell him the truth, cause he had every right to know it. He was so angry with his mother all this year, he was hating her all this year.. but what for, actually?

"Aahana?"

Aahana came out from her thoughts after hearing her own name. It was Kait. Kait came to office with her to sign the contract papers for designer position. Aahana gave her a small smile and asked, "Are you done?" In answer, Kait just nodded her head.

"So, now? Are you going back home?"

Kait shook her head and smiled broadly. "I'm going to work today and from now on."

Aahana smiled at her friend's enthusiasm, but that smile didn't really reach her eyes. Then she looked back again at her computer blankly. Though Kait first came to tell Aahana about the feelings she get from earlier, but held back after noticing her lack of attention. She immediately figured out what the problem was. She placed her left hand on Aahana's shoulder to grab her attention.

"Have you spoken with Nick?" She ask in a low voice.

Aahana looked at her friend's eyes and shook her head. "I don't know...."

"But you went there and found the truth to tell him, right? So why are you now hesitating?"

"You know the reason very well Kait. You were there with me all the time."

"I know Aahana. You and I both know about his conditions as well. So, don't you think it's only fair to tell him? And you're the one who wants to find her against Mr. Matthew's will."

This last sentence brought back the memory of her promising to Mr. Matthew as well as to herself to protect Nick at any cost. She was afraid to see the devastated Nick again, but the truth will end the hatred of Nick towards his mother, once and for all. And she will be there with him to help him enduring the pain.

Taking the decision to tell him the truth, she smiled at Kait and nodded her head in approval. Kait smiled back at her and went to her department. On the other hand, Aahana finally started to do her job, but the question remained unsolved. How will she tell him about this whole truth? She had to find a way to tell him, as soon as possible.....