CHAPTER-14

Nick was in conversation with Mr. Joquabin Dean , the president of one of the rival gaming company and also one of his friend . Joquabin was interested in Aahana, so he wanted to know about her. He asked Nick, "Where did you find that girl? She looks hot in every way."

           Nick understood the hidden meaning of the question. He glared at Joquabin. He gritted his teeth and told him, "She's not any girl. She is my secretary and she is a very good at her work."

Joquabin smirked, "Oh, of course, she has to be good, no, be best at her work. If not, then you do not take any interest in her, knowing you, my friend."

Nick was angry at his comment. He took Joquabin's collar and said angrily, "Don't ever talk about her in this manner. I told you, she is just my secretary. Got that?"

Joquabin was shocked by Nick's reaction. He said,"Woah... Cool down. I was just joking. But what's the matter? You never have been this angry before. Do you like her?"

He did not angry at this type of comment before. But this time was different, he also can felt it himself that he changed slowly. But he didn't understand the reason. With the last question Nick came in his sense and released his collar and said in self-defense," No, I don't like her or something like that." Then he calmly said, " But I do respect her.You know Joquabin, she is the one who planned the last party in our company. Also she is the one who brought our games very popular in these days....."

"Clank!!"

     Everyone stopped conversation and looked the way the sound came from. The sound was of a broken glass. The owner of the broken glass looked like, she was losing her conscious.

Nick also saw the situation and his legs were moving towards Aahana without his conscious mind. When he realized, he even started running towards her. He caught her in his arm before hitting her head on the floor and cutting by the pieces of glasses. When he caught, he felt she was shivering, so he kept his hand in her forehead to check the temperature. She was burning hot, she had a fever. Also she was shivering from cold. He took of the coat of his suit and put it in her shoulder to cover her. Joquabin also came there after Nick running. Nick told him, "Sorry for the commotion, Joquabin. Actually she has a high fever. We have to go the hospital right now."

Joquabin nodded his head and said, "Okay. Then it's a goodbye. Come again later. Also bring her with you next time. I also wanna know more about her. And take care of her. "

Nick nodded his head, "Excuse us."

He carried her in his arms in bridal style and exited the party to go to the parking lot.. There were also reporters. So, when he carried her in his arms, they were photographed, but there was no time for the arguments with the reporters.She needed to go the hospital immediately. The chauffeur brought the car and opened the passenger door for him. He thanked him and helped Aahana to sit in the passenger seat. He helped her to put seat belt. Then he went the driver seat and hurried to the nearest hospital.      

In the hospital,

Aahana was still unconscious. The doctor gave her IV strip in her left hand. Nick sat beside her. The doctor told him that she was very weak for not having proper food and proper sleep. She also had not dehydrated properly. Looked like, she was tensed very much with something. Everything caused her such high fever. Nick thought of past couple of weeks. It was totally his fault for keeping her busy all the time that she even could not take her meal. He took her right hand in his and squeezed it. He knew she had to leave the office at very last everyday. From the last couple of weeks there was a lot of pressure of works. She was appointed in almost every work by him. He felt guilty.