CHAPTER- 29

Aahana was waiting at the backstage for announcing the result. But her mind was playing with her; it continuously replayed today's activities. She couldn't forget Nick's blue sparkling eyes which clearly showed love, joy, pride. Not only seeing him, even thinking about him made her heart beats so fast and loud that she thought she would have a heart attack right now. She clenched her right hand into a small fist and held on her heart to reduce the beating, or at least tried to. The kiss from the last time started to play on her mind and unconsciously she touched her lips with her left hand. The movements of his lips on her lips was still fresh in her mind; the lingering feelings of a wet masculine lip still gave her goosebumps. She gripped her fist so tightly that her nails were marking her palm, brought the blood. Her face and ears were heating up and slowly a blush crept on her cheeks.

She quickly turned to Kait to see if she noticed any of her reactions or not. But Kait was so tensed herself up for the result that she was on her own world. Aahana sighed in relief. But why? It wasn't that she didn't know about Aahana and Nick's relationship. Relationship? No.. no no... They didn't have that kind of relation, till now. What was happening with her? The point was, if Kait noticed her reactions maybe she could help her to understand herself. But again, it was her feelings, she had to deal with it by herself. Kait might help her at some parts, but she was the only one who could find all the answers of her own questions. Like, when it all happened? How did it even start? She had no clue of it. Was it at the first time they met?
                     Her mind raced through the memories when she first met him on the street and slapped him on the face next second. The next day she came to know that he was her boss in the office and he started his revenge on her for slapping him. Their relation was at that time as cat and dog, always bickering. She smiled at the thought. He gave her few hard times to show off his power as a boss, but that didn't work on her, though. She stood tall in her part from whatever thrown at her. Due to this, he gave her lots of work that she got high fever and passed out. At that thought, Aahana still felt a small anger, but he was there to take care of her. After that incident he changed; they started afresh, became friends. They became so much close that he shared his deepest past with her without any hesitation. He showed his vulnerable self to her for the first time in his life, which he didn't show to anyone, not even his father. He depended on her when he felt devastated, helpless and she comforted him. She felt his deepest pain and cried with him.
                 Reminding his devastated self again, her eyes turned misty. She controlled herself from falling the tears. Why? She never cried for anyone like that time, even remembering that her eyes got misty. Yeah, she was a emotional person and got tears every now and then, but with him it felt different. It felt like she was the one who actually had gotten through the actual pain, not him. It's not simple sympathy that she felt for him. There was much more than that. Her heart ached to see him crying and feeling like it was broken into many pieces.

     She was so into her thoughts that she didn't notice Nick was coming towards them, or particularly towards her. When she finally realized that, he was already stood in front of her, smiling. Her both hands immediately came down from the previous position and rested in her sides. He looked so handsome with his styled black hair, the long sky-blue designer jacket underneath the simple gray turtleneck shirt with the pair of black jeans, a royal rolex on his left wrist and a pair of comfy yet stylish sky-blue sneakers. The sky-blue jacket had brought  his natural baby blue eyes into more life, they were more sparkling than she ever saw before.