CHAPTER - 44

After dropping Aahana in front of her apartment, she just ran off into her building, never looked behind or bid goodbye to Nick. He opened his mouth to call her, but didn't do it  rather he instructed the driver to go. He looked at his hand, holding the letter and ring box. He opened the letter and read a particular portion again...

     "....Find someone who truly loves you for who you are with your good and bad qualities, make you happy and with whom you can share your deepest darkest secret without any fear of being judged. Always listen your heart and don't make the mistake that I did. Don't let go of your true love like I did, hold that person tightly....."

He closed the letter and looked outside at the window. The lights of the weekend traffic and the city were reflecting on his face. His mind was full of today's actions and Aahana. 

           From seeing her face in the morning to eat her special handmade breakfast to her consideration of bringing flower and chocolate to his mother's grave or to give her shoulder to cry or even went to far to find his mother to an unknown place to a stranger's house. Everything was screaming him to confess his love to her. He almost did that too, but stepped back in fear. The fear of losing her forever.

          His train of thoughts were interrupted as the cab stopped in front of his house. He paid the cab and got out of it. His lazy and tired feet dragged him towards his room when he suddenly stopped in front of his dad's study pondering the thought if he should tell about his mother to his father. He raised his hand to knock the door, when Gina, the maid from his mother's side came. She informed him that his father and Anne weren't in home; they went to attend some function together. Nick nodded his head and again started to walk to his room.

"Do you want to have your dinner in your room?" Gina asked.

"No, Gina. I don't want anything for tonight. Thank you." 

He answered and went to his room. Before Gina could speak anything, Nick closed the door behind his back. He sat on the bed and looked at the letter in his hand again. He started to read the letter again and felt those emotions from earlier, when he stopped at the part which described the meaning of 'love'. He read that part again and again to his own good and started thinking. On the outside, it seemed that he just stared at the void but in the inside, he was fighting with himself. He was torn between his head and heart; His heart was screaming Aahana, but his head... 

     No, not Amy, but his brain couldn't forget the scenes from that one party when he first met with his Golden Lady. He just couldn't wash out the memories of that night, when he felt some tingle sensation while dancing with her or her pair of black eyes in where he definitely could get lost anytime. 

He sighed in frustration and hit his head on the pillow. 

So, why did start to date to Amy if you don't like her? 

Nick was startled and got up from the lying position to see himself  on his footrest.

"W-who are you?"

I'm you, of course. But the wise side of you, not the dumb and clueless you. 

The other Nick snickered. Before the real Nick could process it and asked more about it, the other Nick stopped him. 

I'm not here to talk about myself. I'm here to talk about you and your feelings. So, answer my question. If you have feelings for Aahana, then why did you start dating Amy?

The real Nick stared at himself and lowered his head.

"I-I.." He sighed. "Because I believe she is the Lady in Golden and I want to feel that same connection from before. I found her after trying so hard and I don't want to lose her. But--"