CHAPTER- 38

Nick was grumbling at the car, when Aahana couldn't stop her laugh remembering the incident from the morning. She was so nervous to go into Nick's room, but eventually went in with Gina. The room was so dark, at first she didn't see anything except a king sized bed on one side of the wall and someone was sleeping on that bed. The navy blue colored heavy curtains was covering the whole wall of left side of the bed, blocking the sunlight to come through the window. Gina walked towards the window and pulled the strings of the curtains. Light flooded the room and Aahana noticed it wasn't a window, but a floor-to-ceiling slide glass door. On the other side of that glass door, there was a small balcony decorated with a small sofa set, a small coffee table and different types of pots of plants, bonsais emitting a cozy and warm vibe. She was awed and shocked at same time. She never thought of Nick being a plant enthusiastic.

"The plants..?" She unconsciously spoke out.

"It is all Nick's. He inherits this habit from his mother. He personally plants and grows the plants with help of the gardener, but he takes care of them on his own. He is very fussy when it comes to his plants. He never let anyone near them, even me who has brought him up." She chuckled in motherly nature.  

Aahana just nodded and smiled on her own, then let her eyes traveled through the whole room. The wall was painted in light grey and blue. The room was arranged and decorated with expensive and classy furniture. Two small bedside tables on both side of the bed. A 64" smart TV set was on the opposite wall of the bed and two shelves of DVDs and gaming consoles down the tv set. There was a light blue sliding door on the right side wall of the bed, which she assumed to be his closet and a door next to the closet was the bathroom. There were two tubs with large indoor plants in two opposite corner of the room. One more thing caught Aahana's eyes was that, there were various pictures taken and framed into different shapes - large, small, tiny, portrait on the walls. It gave a vibrant and colorful look to the room. Overall Aahana was impressed by the whole room.  She was never in a guy's room before; it was whole different experience for her. But she didn't expect Nick's room to be this tidy and arranged since his office desk was never organized until his secretary helped him with it. 

           Hearing some rustling noise, her eyes finally landed on the sleepy figure on the bed. Nick was sleeping in his yesterday's suit. Pastel blue colored vest and coat were lying on the end of the bed carelessly. He slept with the peach colored dress shirt, same pastel blue colored dress pant and black socks on. His shirt got creases overall, navy blue tie was hanging from his neck, cuffs were undone, sleeves were folded till his elbow and even 3 buttons of the shirt were undone giving a peek-a-boo of his muscular chest. Her cheeks turned slightly red seeing his chest, she quickly averted her eyes and focused on his face. After figuring out her own feelings for Nick, she saw him in a new light for the first time. The sunrays were coming from the glass door and directly fell on the face. His eyebrows and forehead were slightly wrinkled from the heat of the sunrays, but eyes were still closed. The morning stubble grew on his chin giving him more attractive look. She wanted to take a closer look of his face and started to go ahead to his side. In the process, she didn't notice that Nick's shoes were scattered on the floor; eventually she tripped on them and caught herself barely from landing on the sleeping figure. Her eyes went big in shock and amusement from the tripping. After steadying herself, she tried to get up from him. In the midst of it, some strands of hair fell on Nick's face and tickled him. He groaned in discomfort and mumbled in his sleep. Aahana found it cute and smiled broadly, but at same time felt slightly shy at the thought of being notice by Gina. She looked at Gina, but she was nowhere in the room. Aahana felt relived at that. Before focusing again on Nick, her eyes caught the time on the clock residing on the bedside table as it read already 9:20. Oops! She needed to wake Nick up hurry. But how would she do that? Even after almost falling on him, he still was sleeping like a log. Her eyes landed on the glass of water on the bedside table and an idea popped into her head. She took the glass and sprinkled water on him, but no avail. He didn't wake up at all. Aahana was getting annoyed slowly then again smirked at some random thought. She took the bottle of water residing beside the glass, opened the cap, slowly brought over his face and finally poured the whole water on his face.