CHAPTER - 32

Kait thought of spending the whole day by sleeping; since she didn't have the sleep from 2 nights and after going through all that emotions in the competition, she was tired.

               But as always Aahana didn't like to spend the whole day by sleeping. She already got up from bed early, did her morning routine, dressed up and went to the small cafe opposite side of their apartment building to pack some snacks and caffeine. She got back at their apartment and went straight to Kait's room with her favorite, a cup of white caffè mocha.

"Kait... wake up." She  stated while putting down Kait's caffè mocha on the nightstand and opening the curtains of the window to let the sunbeam in. Kait just stirred a bit and covered her face with the comforter to block the sunlight. Aahana sighed and pulled out the comforter from her. 

"HEY!!" She irritatedly spoke up and rose from lying, "What's your problem, Aahana? Why are you waking me up? Why are you up? It's Sunday. Let me sleep." And she again lay down to prepare for more sleep. 

"Kait, no. You promised me that you'll go with me. You can't back out, now."

"What? What promise?" Kait grumbling while lying sideways, back-faced Aahana.

Aahana put her hands on her waist, sighed in frustration. "You promised me to help me finding Nick's mother today. Remember?"

Kait again rose up from lying. "Is it today? Can't we go next weekend? I'm tired. Pleasee..."

Aahana softened to her puppy eyes and flopped down beside her. 

"I know, Kait. I'm tired too. But I don't want to wait anymore. It was already too late to find her, I don't even know where or how she is now. Nobody ever tried to find her in ages; I don't even know if I can find her or not, but I want to at least try and for that I don't want to be late more than I was." 

Kait listened and looked at her attentively, then commented. "You love Nick."

Aahana was already lost in her thought of the possibility of finding Nick's mother, so when Kait spoke, she was startled and gave a questioning look.

Kait slowing stated again, "You love Nick."

She looked away from Kait's direct gaze. "Umm--I--uh...."

"Don't deny it, Aahana. You know, whenever you talk about Nick, your expression changes. Every single time! So, don't you dare to say that I am wrong!" She threatened.

Aahana  sighed in defeat bringing her hands together in her lap and fidgeting with her fingers in nervousness, eyes down. 

"I-I-I like him. Yes, I do like him. And maybe started to love him, too. But i'm not too sure..."

"What're you afraid of? Why are you hesitating, Aahana?"

She looked up from her hands to Kait, still confusing. "I don't know either. Maybe a fear of getting rejected, maybe scared of being hurt." Yesterday's memories of Nick and that model came back into her mind. Her eyes turned sad, Kait noticed that. 

"What happened, Aahana?" Kait asked worriedly. Then she remembered yesterday Aahana had been acting weird; that time she didn't ask her 'cause she thought Aahana hadn't want to talk about it. But now, she had to know what had happened to her. So, she just casually asked, "Did something happened yesterday?"

Aahana looked at Kait, biting her lower lip. "Can we talk about it later?" She requested.

Kait thought of arguing, but again stopped it and nodded her head. They both were sitting in silence, the atmosphere of the room was heavy. Suddenly Kait's eyes fell on the caffè mocha rested on her nightstand. She happily squealed and picked it up from the stand, took a sip and immediately closed her eyes and moaned when the perfect combination taste of white chocolate and coffee hit her tongue. Aahana eyed Kait's reaction and bursted into laughter. Kait's eyes shot open from Aahana's laughter and stuck her tongue out at her, then she also bursted into laughter. They laughed for some moments, then Aahana told Kait, "Now, go. Be ready and come out. I'm going to prepare and pack our breakfast. We'll have our breakfast in the car."