𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

Start from the beginning

She didn't dare sleep.

She didn't dare close her eyes.

Scared of the images that would haunt her vision as she did.

Blink. And her mother was standing above her, a sick smile on her face as her daughter withered around on the floor.

Blink. And her father was pointing his wand at her yet again, not moving the wood for what felt like hours.

Blink. And the pain was back, engulfing her in her own screams and the feeling of thousands of needles stabbing her back.

Cassie knew it would all be so much worse if she slept. So she tried her hardest not to, but you couldn't stay awake forever.

When she did fall asleep, the nightmares were worse than ever, filled with all her friends using the curse on her. James kissing Lily right infront of her eyes. Sirius laughing as she screamed in pain. Her parents nodding down on the others.

No-one caring for her.

Cassie turned her head and looked out the window, the sky was turning orange, the sun just beginning to raise through the clouds. Golden rays of light peering in through the girls window, illuminating her face and the dark room.

Another sleepless night.

She let out a small sigh, wincing as her chest hurt even more. She tried her hardest not to make any noise, not wanting her parents to punish her for something else. She knew she was already on thin ice with them, she didn't want that ice to crack.

Cassie continued to stare out of the window, watching the birds that flew past, looking as if they were playing.

The sound of her door creeking open made her head snap towards the entrance to her room, her heart already hammering in her chest as the wood began to push open.

She hadn't done anything, they couldn't punish her again.

But maybe that's why they wanted to punish her? Because she hadn't done anything.

Her eyes widened as she saw the familiar dark hair that her father hair, but she let out the largest sigh of relief when Regulus appeared in the doorway, slowly closing the door behined him as he made his way into the room.

"Shit Reg." She whispered as he approached her bed.

"You scared me." Regulus apologised quietly as he stood at the side of her bed, looking down at the floor, not meeting her gaze.

Cassie stared at her younger brother, confused on what he was doing as he stood there for a few minutes, not saying a word, not moving.

"Why are you acting like I'm on my death bed?" Cassie asked after a few moments, making Regulus look up at her, her heart broke when she saw that he had tears in his eyes.

One of his cheeks hollow looking as if he was biting it to stop the tears from falling.

"Oh Reg." Cassie said, sitting up and moving over in her bed. She picked up her duvet and patted the spot next to her. Regulus walked over and climbed into bed with her.