Chapter 40

This morning Lonzo took me to go shopping for the baby since Melo has practice and Gelo has rehab. I would ask one of the girls to come with me but they know as much I do about this stuff so I thought it was better to ask Mr. Know It All.

I thought things were already bad enough as they were with the whole BBB situation, but everything went even more south a few days ago when Lavar called a meeting with everyone of the team and Lonzo. I guess it's safe to say that Lonzo won't be attending any family diners or any other activities because Lavar was MAD mad and he said things he shouldn't have said. I'm proud of Lonzo for standing his ground though because that's something no one has done before.

Last night I stayed at Lonzo's so he didn't have to come to Chino to pick me up just to go back to LA again. He's practically avoiding his pops at this point and him picking me up means he needs to come inside because Tina still wants to see him, but I know that the moment Lavar sees Lonzo he'll start a discussion again so I cooperated and just stayed the night at his place. To be honest I decided to stay the entire weekend because Melo has to go to practice almost everyday and I really want this shit for the baby to be done, I'm 6 months right now and I know that if I don't buy everything right now I'm gonna be stressing and rushing when I'm almost due. I also need a break from Lavar talking about how wrong Lonzo is.

"Oh my god, NO! I'm not gonna go back and buy that orange chair Zo, the entire room is blue and white" I exclaimed.

"I don't see what's wrong with it" Lonzo shrugged while carrying a box with stuff for the baby room inside.

"Yeah you never see a wrong in things, that's your problem" I rolled my eyes as I walked in after him and closed the door behind me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He frowned and shot me a look.

"You know exactly what that's supposed to mean" I said.

I'm not mad at him anymore for the whole cheating on Denise situation and never telling me, but every now and then I have to let him know I haven't forgotten about it either.

"Bruh are you ever gonna let that go?" He rolled his eyes and placed the box in the hallway before following me to the living room.

"I don't know" I shrugged.

I walked to the kitchen to get a water bottle from the fridge.

"Denise forgot about so why can't you?" He asked annoyed.

"Zo, Denise didn't just forget about it. If you really think that, than you're a dumber than I thought" I said.

"She never talks about it and she acts just like she did before the whole situation" He walked to the couch and let himself fall down on it.

"Yes because she's desperate Zo. She wants this relationship to work so bad, it's not even healthy anymore. I understand where she's coming from because if me and Melo will ever go through a rough patch I would want to work it out too just because we're gonna have a child together and I love him, but if it won't work it's over and that's something Denise needs to understand" I explained.

"Our relationship is just fine right now"

"Yea right. Zo you don't like her anymore, don't even try to deny it. Al the shit you are doing for her right now is because she's the mother of yo child" I said before taking a sip of my water.

He didn't say anything back because he knows I'm right. I mean come on I'm 17 but it feels like I'm the adult here.

I walked back to the living room and sat down next to him on the couch.

"I don't blame you for losing feelings, Denise has changed and it's very noticeable. But you're wrong for staying with her 'just because', while knowing damn well you don't like her anymore. You're getting her hopes up for nothing and trust me the poor girl doesn't need that right now cuz I feel like she's slowly losing it" I told him.