Chapter 15

"So he sat there all cuddled up with some chick?" Ashley asks while braiding my hair.

I haven't seen her for a while so it was about time we hit each other up to have a sleepover at my house.

"Yes" I sniff for the 50th time.

"I can't be mad at him tho, we not together and it's my own fault cuz I waited till like forever to finally accept him back into my life like that" I say and eat some of the ice cream that Ashley got me.

"True, but that don't mean it can't hurt" Ashley says before asking for a hair tie.

"I needa stop crying, I've done enough of that these past few days" I sigh while giving her one.

"What you need to do is get back to your bad self and show him what he be missing out on" She says after finishing my hair.

I turn myself around on the floor and lay down on my back with my arms spread out.

"I wanted to do that, but if he's truly happy Ion wanna ruin whatever he has got going on.." I mumble while looking at the ceiling.

"You know what, we're independent woman and we don't need no man to make us happy or help us out" Ashley states making me chuckle.

"Love the way you think" I say.

Just when Ashley wants to say something the door opens, I move my head a little to see Lonzo hovering over me with a confused look on his face.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks still standing in the doorway with his hand on the doorknob.

"Oh ya know, just chilling" I respond.

"I ain't even gonna lie, you look like shit" He laughs while walking into my room and pulling me up.

"Oh thanks, love your honesty" I roll my eyes and throw myself on the bed.

"Why have you been so down lately?" He asks while sitting down on my vanity chair.

I never told Lonzo or Gelo what happened that day at the airport. When I came home looking like a mess I just said I got my period, and when they asked how my 'date' with Scotty went I told them we decided to be friends and nothing more.

"I haven't been down, what you talkin bout?" I try to sound a little more happy but it's just not working.

"Now why you gotta lie to me? You know you can talk to me" Lonzo says.

"No I can't cuz you always gotta joke around about the serious things I tell you" I tell him honestly.

"Okay but I still help you out" He smacks his lips while turning to me.

"Melo got a girl" Ashley says making me shoot up and look at her with wide eyes.

She gives me that -I'm sorry look- but that doesn't really help, I know she means well but girl come on now.

"So" Lonzo shrugs clearly not getting the memo.

I sigh knowing I'll have to tell the whole story now, cuz if I don't he'll annoy me till I spill all the beans.

"It wasn't Scotty's and my idea to be friends HE came up with it, he just knew Melo is THE guy for me even tho I ain't wanna admit it and he helped me realize that I just gotta accept it cuz there ain't no other guy that makes me feel like Melo does. Scotty told me he would still be my friend and that I should chase Melo while I still could, so there I went racing to the airport, running like a mad woman to find Melo only to see him cuddled up with some girl I've never seen a day in my life. So that's why I came home looking like a mess" I explain the whole situation to Lonzo.