Chapter 45

Six months have gone by.

Melo is still all the way in Australia while Zo lives in New Orleans. Gelo used to stay in Zo's old house in LA so I have the guest house to myself but he moved back home not to long ago so we're roommates again.

I gave birth four months ago and it was the most difficult and painful thing I've ever done in my life. My water broke in the middle of the night so I instantly started freaking out because, obviously, I actually had to give birth. I really wanted to get an epidural because I was scared that it was going to hurt way to much but unfortunately I progressed to active labor so fast that there wasn't even time for the epidural. I was in PAIN, I honestly thought I was gonna pass out every 2 minutes.

Melo was able to be there when it all happened. He was allowed to go home the week I was due so he took that opportunity, even if we didn't know if I was actually going to give birth on time. Three days went by and we were starting to think that it wasn't going to happen that week, luckily it did tho but Melo only had 3 days left with us before he had to go back to Australia. I was so happy he was there with me because ya girl was SCARED scared.

Up until I actually had to push he was being very helpful and sweet but as you all know it's always something with this guy, even when I'm in the middle of giving birth.. So I was pushing for my life when all of a sudden I heard a loud ass thud, I look to my right and guess what I saw. Yeah, Melo passed the fuck out on the floor. To say I was mad was an understatement, I think I even yelled something like 'you just had to make it about you huh'. Nona had to call Gelo to help get Melo's big ass in a chair, all while I was busy trying to push his child out of my cooch. It was embarrasing really.

After discussing names again we eventually decided to name him LaMonte to continue the family name 'tradition', which Lavar loved. It was nice having Melo there but I lowkey started to panick when he had to go back to Australia because that meant I was going to be alone with our child, I obviously went to some mom to be classes but all that shit flew out of the window as soon as the real deal began. I have fear of failure so I always question myself and my actions, but I'm also afraid to ask for help. Tina and Lavar told me I could call them whenever I needed help no matter what but I just didn't want to bother them all the time. Luckily after the first two months everything went a little more smooth, don't get me wrong it was and still is hard to take care of a baby by myself but eventually you kinda get the hang of things.

Melo facetimes me every day to see LaMonte, ask how things are going and if I need anything. Since he can't do anything for me himself, due to the fact that he's in another country, he keeps on sending Tomi over to do things for me. I know he was having a hard time too because he wanted to be there to help and just experience things with me but he simply couldn't. There were a few moments where he would call at night and even tho I couldnt see his face I could hear him cry silently, it really broke my heart.

To everyone's surprise Gelo and Jaden broke up. (who saw that coming? Not me) Gelo had the opportunity to help speed up the recovery from his leg injury but surprise surprise, he had to move in with Lonzo in New Orleans for that. Seems like al the Ball brothers just LOVE to move to another state/country when they are in a serious relationship.

Gelo spoke about it with Jaden and at first she obviously wasn't happy about it but she knew that it was the best decision for him. Sadly they weren't able to do long distance, they often got into fights and eventually broke up. Knowing Gelo he was more heartbroken than he led people to believe, he really loved Jaden and she actually made him happy.

After their breakup Gelo came back to Chino Hills, he moved back into the guest house even tho I told him that probably wasn't the best idea if he wanted to get 8hrs of sleep, but he said didn't care so who am I to turn down a possible nanny for my baby.