Chapter 14

"Alright I gotta go" I say while standing up from the couch.

"Let them bitches know wassup when you get back in Ohio" I say to Melo who is still sitting on the couch.

"Oh you already know I will" He smirks making J Ray and Gelo laugh.

"Good" I chuckle.

Melo opens his arms while looking at me with a grin, I shake my head and bend down to hug him. After pulling back I say my last goodbye before leaving the house, I'm meeting up with Scotty.

I hop in my car, connect my phone with it and hit shuffle on This Is Frank Ocean on Spotify. I back out of the garage and slowly drive out of the gate, just when I drive out Lonzo is waiting to drive in. I wave at him before speeding off.

It's been 3 weeks since the whole me and Melo situation and to say I'm scared to see Scotty is an understatement.

"Did enjoy being in Ohio?" Scotty asks grabbing his drink to take a sip.

I shrug while eating a fry.

"I had fun the first day but them the shit went downhill and I wasn't having fun no more untill the last day" I tell him honestly.

He nods his head and takes a bite of his burger.

I'm not saying I've been avoiding him the last couple of weeks, but I definitely haven't been hitting him up to hang out and that's simply because I don't wanna talk about the shit that I did with Melo even tho I know we have to talk about it. I would flip if he did something like that and the fact that he isn't flipping out makes me fee even worse, I literally want him to get mad at me so I can get rid of this guilty feeling I have.

"Chay it's okay, I'm not mad at you but I've been thinking about things.." Scotty speaks up.

I look at him, scared that he's gonna say that he doesn't want to see me ever again or something like that. My hands are starting to sweat and my mouth is getting dry.

"W-what have you been thinking about?" I ask him quietly.

He sighs and puts his drink down, he looks at me for a second before speaking.

"Ion think we belong together a-"

"Oh my god I knew you was finna say this, I fucked it up" I interrupt him while burying my face in my hands

"No no no, listen to me! You ain't let me finish" Scotty says while grabbing my hands and placing them on the table.

He wipes away the tear that escaped my eye and holds my hand.

"Listen you are amazing. You make me feel like I matter and you make me laugh, and when I say laugh I mean LAUGH like you prolly the only girl beside my mom and sisters who heard my ugly laugh. Basically what I'm tryna say is, you make a nigga feel special and that's what I love about you. But I know that even tho I prolly make you feel special too, you not feeling the exact same way like I feel about you.." He tells me.

"I do feel the exact same way about you!" I sniff while squeezing his hands.

He shakes his head and lets out a soft chuckle.

"No Chay you don't, the way I feel about you is the way you feel about Melo and that's fine. He's the one who got yo heart, and he prolly ain't gonna give it back anytime soon. I just want you to be really happy and glowing, and I know he the only one who can make that happen" He says.

I don't think reality ever hit me this hard.. After a long time I finally realized and accepted that I'm still in love with LaMelo Ball. All this time Gelo was totally right about how I want Melo back, and I knew it but I didn't want to accept it. I just couldn't accept the fact that Melo is the reason why I'm genuinely happy, but hearing Scotty say this woke me up from the dream I was trying to live. I will never be genuinely happy if I'm not with Melo, how sad it may sound it's the truth.

"I'm sorry" I whisper.

"You ain't gotta apologize ma, it's okay you can't control love" Scotty smiles while rubbing my hand making me feel somewhat better.

"He has my heart but Ion have his.. Other wise he wouldn't have cheated on me" I mumble.

"Girl he loves you. Ion know him that well but from what I've seen and heard I think- no scratch that, I know he loves you more than anyone ever can. He knows you better than anyone else does, and I'm pretty sure he loves you more than he loves himself. I know you always say you don't need him but you do, as much as it hurts me I can't be in the way of your happiness so do the right thing Chay.. Go be with the person who is the reason you look forward to the next day. I'll always be here for you as a friend, whenever you need me I'm here" He states.

Shit, he makes me wanna run to the airport to stop Melo

"Go then" Scotty smirks making me frown.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask him.

"Yeah but that don't matter, when does his flight leave?" He asks.

"Uhm, I believe 4:50 PM" I say.

"It's 3:20, go go go!" He exclaims causing me to get up in a hurry.

I turn around to him and give him a tight hug, he hugs me back for a second before letting me go.

"Thanks Scotty I love yo ass" I smile before bolting out of In-N-Out.

Melo's POV

"I'll see ya later bro" Zo says before turning around and leaving me alone at the airport.

It's nothing new tho. This is my life now, I'm always flying alone and honestly I'm okay with it.

"Melo?" I hear someone say behind me.

I turn around and see Raquel standing in front of me making me frown.

"Raquel? What are you doin here?" I ask her while giving her a hug.

"My Grandmas birthday was two days ago, remember?" She smiles while pulling away.

Me and Raquel have officially been 'talking' for 2 weeks now now and she's no Cherray but she comes pretty close on the ladder. She always makes me laugh and she's down to earth, she also comes to all my games and makes sure to yell my name every time I touch the ball.

"Yea but you ain't tell me she lives in Chino Hills. More reason to visit me when we graduate and you in town" I smirk.

"Oh shut up" She laughs while pushing me playfully. 

"Why are you here tho?" She asks me while we sit down the chairs

"Yesterday was my moms birthday and the whole family came together for diner so I surprised everyone and flew over" I tell her.

"You ain't tell me that either" She smiles.

"I guess cuz it was a surprise for them I also didn't tell you for some reason" I chuckle.

"Oh well it's cuts that you doing something like that for your mom tho" She says.

"You know me" I smirk making her laugh again.

Cherray's POV

I'm running around the airport like a mad woman searching for Melo, I had to pee really bad too so I quickly did that before running around again. I followed the signs and eventually I saw him.

I smile and walk up to him but just when I want to call his name I see the girl next to him kissing his cheek and laying her head on his shoulder. He puts his arm around her and rubs her arm causing me to stop dead in my tracks.

I can just feel my heart sink and my world comes crashing down, it's all my own fault tho.. If I took him back the moment he begged for me in Ohio I would be the girl sitting there, but I didn't do that so now I have to live with the consequences.

I hate my life