Chapter 10

"You liked the game momma T?" I ask Tina as we're walking out of the gym.

"Yes, good game" She responds making me smile.

"Yo son was going off huh" Gelo chims in making us laugh.

"Yes"

While we're making our way to the exit I can already see Melo sitting there on a table.

I can't look at him after what we did a couple days ago, I did everything to ignore him because I don't wanna talk about it but I also don't want him to think it's all good.

"You can't ignore him forever you know" Gelo whispers in my ear when I hide behind LaVar.

"Shut up" I roll my eyes.

"Just talk to him already" Gelo says while pulling on my collar making me visible for Melo.

I slap Gelo's hands off me and glare at him before walking up to Melo, he looks at me and smiles.

"You did a good job, once again" I give him a small smile.

"Thanks, you my lucky charm" He grins.

"Melo, we needa talk" I sigh while grabbing his hand and pulling him away with me.

He intertwines his big hand with my small one as we walk out of the gym, I let go of his hand and turn around to face him.

"What we did a couple days ago should've never had happened Melo.. Ion wanna lead you on, and Ion want you to think that I want this cuz that's not right. I will always have love for you but I'm just not ready to be with you, I'm sorry.." I tell him looking away from his face.

"Chay please don't do this, give me a chance to show you how much I love you" Melo says taking me by surprise since he never uses the 'L word'.

"I just can't do it Melo, you broke my heart and my trust and it takes more than words to fix that. I thought long and hard about this and I simply can't get over the fact that you cheated on me that easily, I'm scared that you'll do it again.. You can say you won't but I ain't know if that's the truth, I'll just have to trust you and that's what I'm lacking. Trust" I say looking up at him.

"Why have sex with me if you don't want nothing to do with me?" Melo frowns.

"Like I said, I still got love for you and you still have an effect on me that no one else has. You made me weak that night, I shouldn't have done it but I can't change it even if I want to" I sigh.

"I just want things to go back to the way they were, when we was still together and you could still stand me. Ion wanna be apart from you" Melo says while looking down and fiddling with the zipper of his jacket.

"We can still be friends?" I say not really sure of my own words.

"Ion wanna be friends I want you for myself" He mumbles.

"Melo.."

He makes this way harder than it has to be. I understand that he also has feelings which he can't ignore but at the same time, he was the one who cheated where were those feelings then?

"I love you but I can't be with you if I can't give it a 100%, it would only cause more problems and we both wouldn't want that" I say grabbing his hands and looking up at him.

"Yea it's whatever" I almost couldn't hear him.

He pulls me closer to him by my hands and puts my arms around his torso, he wraps his arms around my shoulders and lays his head on mine. I sigh deeply and close my eyes for a second, we stay like this for maybe a good minute.