Chapter 39

Ashley

"Like who does she think she is? Talking to me like I'm some kind of hoe" Denise complained.

She called me this morning telling me to come over because she was losing it, I thought there was a serious problem but she's just in war with this Courtney girl. Apparently she has been fooling around with Zo while he was still together with Denise, and now her sister is having some action with him. I mean I would be mad too but there is no point in fighting with Courtney she's not sorry for her actions and from what I've seen she's a bitch, Denise should be mad at Zo for doing that to her while she was pregnant but for some reason she can't let him go and it's starting to get real annoying.

"Denise I really get that you're mad I would be too, but don't you think you should be talking to Lonzo about all this instead of going back and forth with Courtney? She's doesn't care that you're mad and she definitely doesn't regret what she did, in fact I think she would do it all over again if she gets the chance" Kaliah said.

"Lonzo isn't the problem here, she is. This bitch had the nerve to hook up with a drunk guy who was expecting a child with his girlfriend, like shouldn't us girls be helping each other out instead of tearing each other down?" Denise responded.

I think I just lost a few brain cells while listening to her.

"Are you kidding me Denise? 'Lonzo isn't the problem here'? He's the one who hooked up with her.. I know you don't want to hear this but it's not Courtney's problem that he was cheating on you with her, it's still not okay that she did it knowing that he had a girlfriend but he's the one with the responsibilities not her" I decided to speak up because I feel like she was totally losing it and no one said anything about it.

"What do you mean it's not Courtney's problem, she should've kept her hands to herself because she knew that he was in a relationship with Denise! You can't be fucking around with guys who are married or having girlfriends AND expecting a child with that person, without facing the consequenses" Dayna said.

I almost rolled my eyes but stopped myself from doing so. I love Denise and her family but sometimes they need a reality check, it sounds harsh but they're the reason why Denise is starting to go crazy and trust me I know it because I used to be in the same predicament as her. Instead of keeping her grounded and pointing out her wrongs her parents and sister always agree with her and stick up for her, even when it's obviously her fault. I can't even fully blame her for acting like this because she doesn't know any better and her family is always backing her up, so she isn't realizing that her behaviour is totally ridiculous.

"But it takes two to tango, y'all do realize that right...?" Kaliah said slowly.

"Yeah I'm not stupid but she fucked my ex when we were still together and now has to nerve to call me all kinds of things on instagram and make fun of me, is that normal?" Denise tilted her head while looking at me, waiting for my answer.

"No of course that's not normal but for the last time, you were in a relationship with Zo not her. So getting mad at her and having a public beef is cool and all, but the person who you really have to hold accountable for all this is chilling with his friends right now and having a good laugh about everything" I stated and got up from the bar chair.

"You really don't get it, maybe if you got cheated on before you would" Dayna rolled her eyes.

"That's foul Day" Kaliah shook her head.

"Seriously Dayna? You know damn well Melo cheated on me, the whole fucking world knew" I glared at her.

"Okay let's focus on the real problem here, Courtney" Denise said.