95. Apple Tree

Miya Anderson
The next week

"I am so glad that you were able to meet me tonight."

Miya placed her purse inside of the seat and then slipped right in. Ignoring what she said first, Miya placed both of her elbows on the table and chuckled lightly. She didn't want to do all of that talking. She wanted to get down to the nitty gritty.

"It's been a week." Miya licked on her lips slowly as she took off her dark shades to show her that she was not playing.

"My babies were out of me for a week now in the hospital and not once did I get a phone call back or even a pop up from you nor my so called father. You were just so hype about seeing them and getting on David when he disapproved, but look at you. On trips. Your trips must mean more to y'all then meeting your first set of grandkids huh?"

"Miya, sweetie, it isn't even like that. We were just nervous on meeting the kids. As you stated, they are our first grandkids and we don't want to mess things up."

Miya stared at her. Her long curly hair was now straight and cut into a short bowl cut that admiringly sculptured her long narrow face well. Her make up was done flawlessly as her honey brown eyes seem to twinkle with happiness. Her jewelry laced her neck, wrist and fingers, indicating that she was indeed back intertwined with the family and that David has been spoiling her out the ass. This was the mother that Miya knew, but there was no excuses.

"Bullshit." Miya scoffed. "My babies are here and you haven't stepped even an inch of a toe in the room."

"And it baffles me because you were the one mainly excited." Miya slipped in before she could respond.

"I know and I do apologize. I should have been there from the start and I should have convinced your father-."

Miya scoffed with an eye roll.

"Of course. David always have an opinion about something. I thought everything was at least okay." Miya clapped her hands together as she pressed her lips together letting out a deep sigh.

"Well there is another thing." She cleared her throat as she raised a finger that made Miya arch her brow in confusion.

"What is it?"

"Your dad has told me a lot of thing that your fiancé has done to you over the past few years and I-."

Miya held up a finger and chuckled lightly. "My man, is one thing I do not play about. At the end of the day he is no saint, he has done some unforgivable things that I have decided to forgive him for." Miya pointed at herself. "I too have not been perfect in this relationship but at the end of the day we are growing as a couple and now as parents. I'm tired of David acting like he hasn't done worse and it's starting to piss me off that you would even take his word instead of coming to me for my side of the story, of part of my life. David is only telling you how he's feeling because he hates him." Miya was tired of having to defend herself for staying with Mason. She loved him more than any other man that's in her life and she was not going to leave him and that was final. That was it.

"That is why I'm coming to you today. I want your side because I can not just go based off what David is saying. Yes, he is filled with hatred towards Mason, but from what he's saying it sounds like you are blinded by love and have serious abandonment issues. I know you don't want to go to a therapist so I am here, as your mother, to talk to you, one on one."

Miya couldn't believe what she was hearing. She just knew her mother wasn't trying to talk to her about her decisions when she played apart in making Miya who she was today.