67.

Marcus/Mason

His eyes popped open when he felt the bed dip beside him. He looked at Mela to see her laying on her back looking up at the ceiling.

"What you doing up?" Marcus sat up to see her completely zoned out. He leaned to his left to turn on the lamp light and looked at her again.

He mugged when he seen a small gash on her cheek. He quickly looked over her body to see blood in her hands.

"Mela, baby, what did you do?" He got on top of her to get a better look at her, since she has yet to look at him.

"When you went to sleep I went back to the hospital, watched them leave the hospital, follow them back to their house and slashed their tires. I held the knife too tight and it cut my hand. The reason why I have this gash because I brought the knife too close to my face." Her voice was monotoned. It was as if she was looking through him and that alerted him.

"Mela, why would you follow your mother and sister? If they press charges on you there's no telling what can happen." Marcus grabbed her hand and opened it to see the gash on her hand. It wasn't deep enough that she need stitches or go to the hospital so he was relieved.

"They deserve everything that I'm going to give them. She should have stayed dead Marcus. I'm not letting Miya go through this, she needs me." He could see the tears forming in her eyes and he sighed. He sat her up and brought her into a hug.

She was hurting and all Marcus wanted to do was be here for her. She needed to know that he was never going to leave her side and he was going to do just that.

"Baby, you can't leave like that. You should have woke me up and told me." If anything were to happen to her Marcus wouldn't have had a clue and he wouldn't have known what to do.

"I'm sorry." He heard her sniff causing him to jerk his head back to look at her. She had tears pouring down her face as she cried quietly. "I'm sorry that I disappointed you."

Marcus twisted his face in confusion. "No, no, no. Why would you disappoint me? You can never disappoint me Mela." He kissed her forehead and hugged her again.

"But I feel like I did." She whined as tears continued to fall.

"Stop feeling like that because you didn't do anything wrong." He used his thumbs to wipe her tears away, making sure that he didn't rub her cut. He pecked her lips two times and slid off her. "Come on so I can clean your cuts."

"It's going to hurt." He watched her slide off the bed and walked out of the room to the bathroom.

"It may or may not." He shrugged as he followed behind her after he turned off the lamp. "Depending on your pain tolerance." He didn't want to say what he really wanted to say because now was not the time for his smart remarks. Mela was really hurting and needed someone in her corner, and that someone was definitely him.

They walked inside of the bathroom and he switched on the lights. He grabbed onto her waist and lifted her up on the sink counter.

"Where would the first aid be?" He looked at her.

"Under the right sink." Mela pointed.

Marcus followed her finger and went under the sink to grab the kit. He placed it under beside her and opened it up. Marcus looked for peroxide and quickly took it out. He grabbed the cotton balls and douse it with peroxide to clean her cuts.

He could feel her eyes on him as he cleaned her cheek and then her hand.

"You about to look like a Nelly jr when I put this big ass bandaid on your face." Marcus chuckled as he put cream on her cheek and placed a clean bandaid onto her cut. She laughed lightly and sighed.