104. Heal

Mason Price

It was currently the next afternoon and him and the babies were in the livingroom doing tummy time on the floor. He laid out many blankets for them and allowed them to practice as he laid on his stomach as well. He watched Wild Krats and only looked up time to time to make sure that they were doing okay.

"Alright, triple threat. It's been about twenty minutes, time for y'all to sit yall butts up." Mason got himself up and carefully placed each one of them in their rockers and turned them on.

He gave them all their favorite light up toys and laid on the couch. Where he was able to see them and for them to be able to roll over just enough so that they could see him.

"Listen, listen." He heard her say from behind him. Mason looked up to see her dressed from the top up in work attire and on her bottom half leggings. Odd combination, but since she was still on maternity leave he guess that it was expectable.

"What do you mean the calculation isn't right?" Miya twisted her face as she continued to pace back and forth. "I checked it multiple times before I sent it off to you for you to send. Therefore, whoever you let do your job messed it up-." She stood in place as she mugged at the floor. "Did you say Jessica? Excuse my language, but why in the entire fuck," Miya pressed her lips together to keep from yelling. "Who rehired my old assistant and who in the hell told her that she could handle important documentations!?"

Mason arched a brow and slowly sat up. What was Jessica doing back for real. He made sure that Miya fired her and to hear that someone allowed her back in was sketchy.

"Don't make me come back to that office and flip the scrip. Find those missing numbers and re-fire the very one that put you all in danger. I can't believe this." Miya huffed into the phone. "No, no." Miya sighed as she looked up at the ceiling. "I'm not angry. I am not. Just resend me the documents instead and I'll find the missing numbers, but please fire that girl. She is dangerous and I do not want her in my establishment. Y-yeah you can have next week off, I'll type that up and make sure that everyone knows. Yeah, it's no problem. Send me those documents as soon as possible. Thank you." She took the phone from her ear and sighed heavily as she leaned her forehead against the wall.

"Are you ok-."

Mason was cut off by Miyas work phone ringing again.

Miya answered the phone and placed it back to her ear.

"Hello, this is Miya Anderson speaking. How may I be a pleasure to you?" He watched her face turn into a mug. "Why are you playing on my work phone David?"

Mason rolled his eyes and laid back down on the couch. He knew Marie big mouth done said something to David about what's going on and that was the last thing he wanted to relive.

"Yeah, I know about the missing numbers. As soon as it gets back to me I'm going to thoroughly go through them and track where the money went. However, someone did rehire Jessica and allowed her to obtain the documents." She paused. "Well David I'm home, I don't know what they do in the office and I don't know who rehired her. Let alone, who allowed her to touch my documents. She is no longer my assistant. I just said that I'm going to track the money David. What the hell could she do besides try to put that money in a foreign bank account?"

Mason arched his brow and sat up on his elbows. Their conversation was sort of intriguing and wanted to know all the details.

"Yes when I get back inside the office I'll find out who rehired her and allowed her to get the documents. Non, mwen pap fè li mal." She palmed herself. "I'm trying to contain my anger and not let my emotions get the best of me any more."