106. Truth

Mason/Marcus Price

"I'm just playing." Miya laughed as she quickly turned serious.

He twisted his lips to the side. Even though that option was very tempting and how he wanted to run his hands through her hair and pull on it. He had things he needed to get off his chest first.

"But if you really feel as though you need to go to therapy then go. I want you to do what's best for you. If you want to fly back to Chicago and try having a one on one with her to get a clear mind then go do that. Just don't sit here and dwell on something especially if it's hurting you"

"What if she don't want to talk?" Mason rested his elbow on the arm of the chair and placed his cheek on his balled up fist.

"Then at least you tried and that's when you have to forgive her for yourself."

"I want my family there." He licked on his lips and rest his hand on her lower back.

"You want us in the same room as y'all while you two are talking?" Miya arched her brow. "After I done beat her ass-."

Mason laughed and shook his head. "No, no. Be there in Chicago with me. I'm going to do that on my own, but I just want to know that my family is there with me, even if y'all are not physically in the room with me.

"Then we can most definitely do that if that's what you want." Miya nodded. "Is that all?"

"Yeah." Mason nodded his head. "I just wanted to see if that was okay with you."

"I told you do whatever makes you happy Mason. If you want to get that last fuck in-."

"Nah." Mason shook his head. "I'm not even about to do that because that'll put me back at square one. I'm not trying to take steps forward to take ten steps backwards."

"I'm just laying it on the table since that's all-."

"I get it." Mason quickly cut her off. "Im going to reach out to her and meet her at a local coffee shop or something. Somewhere public and out in the open. Maybe like a park."

"You can take the kiddos with you to the park as well. You know, take them on a stroll." Miya pushed an imaginary stroller.

"You're going to let me take the kids?" He arched his brow.

"Are they your kids?" Miya arched a brow at him.

"I mean yea-."

"Then it shouldn't matter if you take the kids or not. If you want to take them to the park then do that. Just don't let her touch them. Might spread some kind of hatred to my babies."

Mason chuckled and licked his lips. "Should I text her now?"

"You still got her funky ass number?" Miya squinted her eyes at him.

"I just know it by heart Miya." He reached into his pocket and took his phone out.

"Where are the men in black so they can erase your damn memory?" She mumbled. "But go ahead. If you want to get this out the way then I advice you to do it."

"What if she doesn't respond?" Mason looked from him phone up at Miya.

"Then fuck her and move on. Where the liquor at?" She looked around.

"You're not getting anymore liquor." Mason smacked his lips as he went to his messages and typed up a fresh one.

He typed her number in and stared at the message. He hit send and placed it on top of the table.