113. Fight Fire with Fire Pt. 1

David Anderson

He jolted off the couch when he heard the front door open to his house. Nudging his brows together David slowly walked into the foyer to see Miya walking in looking exhausted.

"Time is up huh?" David chuckled as he referred to the kids.

"No no. I came to ask you a favor." She looked at him and within seconds David showed concern for her. He knew she wasn't happy. It was all in her body language and the way she spoke.

"Anything for you Miya. What's up?" He leaned on the wall, but she brushed past him and into the livingroom.

"Where's mama?"

David eyes lit up. He haven't heard her called Marie mama in a while.

"She's u-."

"I'm here." She said as she made her way into the livingroom as well. "Oh no what's wrong Mi?"

David walking into the room and sat down on the couch. He looked up at Miya and got ready to hear what she needed.

She sighed lightly and ran her hands through her wild hair. As soon as she exhaled she dropped to her knees and hung her head.

David quickly sat up in his seat as he watched her break down. He looked over at Marie to see her stuck frozen in shock. They have never seen Miya burst into tears like this. Whatever was going on was wearing her down.

"I don't think I can do this any more." She cried as she used her hands to cover her face.

"You can't do what anymore?" David slowly slipped from his seat and sat in front of Miya.

"I-I-I can't be with him anymore. I can't do this with him." She continued to cry.

"What happened?" David pushed. He couldn't help her if he didn't know what exactly was going on between her and Marcus.

"I thought I could have handled just physically being there with him but I'm not there mentally. Do you know every 'I love you' I told him last night I didn't mean it? I don't even love me enough right now. I-I'm just so exhausted."

David looked up at Marie and mugged at her. Even though she was trying to help, she played a part in why Miya is feeling the way she does now.

"What do you need me to do?" David asked her.

"I just want to leave." Miya said above a whisper. She sniffed with her head down. "I thought I was strong enough to continue to stay in a relationship with him, but he just confessed to me, a few days ago, that he still loved his ex and basically told me to get over it because nobody can fall out of love with someone as quick as me. Then just a few hours ago he just thought sex was going to make up for everything and make everything vanish?" She sniffed again as she wiped her tears. "Like, no. No it's not. I can't keep doing this with him and having him blame me for his reactions to things."

David sighed lightly and hugged around her as he swayed them side to side. He just told Marcus to go save his family and he was doing the complete opposite.

"You two have kids together Miya. You can't just up and leave like that." Marie tried to butt in but David shook his head 'no' to her. This was the wrong time for her to put her two cents in.

"Look whose talking." Miya looked over at her and stiffened up as if she was about to stand up. "A perfect time to have a twin right?"

"Miya Marie." David said sternly to her causing her to hunch over again and sigh.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"No you're not sorry, but I do understand that you're going through mixed emotions right now, so I'm going to let it slid-."