100. Small Talk prt. 1

Miya Anderson
Three months later

It's been a few weeks since everything happened and Miya was surprisingly handling everything very well. Taking care of her babies and keeping herself at peace, as she deals with her work and at-home life was chill, but she can't say the same for Mason. Despite them working on their relationship, it was as if he was going downhill. All he did was eat, sleep, take care of the kids and be to himself. They would have small conversations but it wasn't like how she was use to.

Miya felt bad because it was like he was really going through it mentally. He would barely speak to her now or even go out. Which she found off of him. For a person who use to stay out and about to stop cold turkey kind of made her nervous. She didn't know if he was pulling this stunt to get her back quicker or if he was really going through it.

She don't know if this how he coped with things but this was unhealthy, even for him. Shoot, they haven't slept in the same room in a very long time and to say that she was missing his touch was an understatement. She needed his touch or at least a full conversation out of him.

A sigh escaped her lips as she wiped the kitchen counter down.

"I get so lonely, can't let just anyone hold me." Miya mumbled to the Janet Jackson song that was playing throughout the kitchen as she cleaned. Fed up with the song, Miya walked over to her phone and changed it until she found something that suited her mood.

"This my song." Miya squealed. She placed her phone back on the counter and started to sway her hip to the beat of the song.

"She just let me know, where they show no fear. It ain't safe 'round here." Miya sang along as she closed her eyes and danced around the kitchen to the voice of Givēon.

"See, your mom told you about this side. It could get ugly I'm just a girl from the south side do you love me? I put your love on pedestal. Whatever you want imma get it for you, hop in the whip, we can go skrt." Miya moved her hands as if she was turning a wheel, but accidentally hit her hand on the edge of the counter.

Miya stopped singing and opened her eyes. She looked down at her hand and groaned out in agony. Mad that she hurt herself Miya quickly changed the song.

"Got me hurting myself and shit." She mumbled, but her mood quickly changed when Nobody by Keith Sweat ft Athena Cage played. "Ooo, time to get grown and sexy."

Miya hopped on the top of the island table and shouted from the top of her lungs. "I wanna tease you, I wanna please you! I wanna show you baby, that I need you!" Miya pressed her lips together as she started to get into the music.

She whined her hips to the music as she danced on top of the counter.

"So who can love you like me?" Miya sang along as she rolled her hips.

Miya was too busy feeling herself as the song played. Keith sweat knew exactly what he was doing when he made this song. This was a true 'baby making' song as her grandmama would have called it.

Miya shook her hand and slowly opened her eyes. Just as she was about to get off the counter she looked towards the entrance of the door and saw Mason looking at her. She paused for a second but then slowly sat down on top of the counter. She pulled her crop top down over her breasts and twisted her lip to the side. It's was as if she was embarrassed.

He just caught her red handed.

She could hear the chuckle that slip his lips as he smirked at her.

"No, no. Don't let me interrupt your dancing." He said loud enough over the music as he walked up to her.

The smell of his body wash clouded around her like a thick cloud of smoke. He stood in front of her and continued to smirk.