110. A Little Advice

Marcus Price

He sat around the room full of men and listened as Miya's grandfather spoke. He decided to stay back in Chicago for a little bit longer, just to make some extra bit of change.

He thought about what happened between him and Miya a few days ago and couldn't help but to think if things were actually changing between the two of them. He saw the slightest bit of change and ran with it and maybe he felt a little bad about it and should have left it alone, but he couldn't. He wanted to pressure Miya into still loving him no matter the circumstances. Yeah, every couple go through things but he didn't want to be that kind of couple.

She was his and that was never going to change. He didn't care what he had to do or what had to be done.

"Marcus?"

Marcus looked up from his lap to look in the direction of who called him. He arched his brow in confusion until he saw her grandfather looking at him.

"Yeah?" Marcus folded his arms over his chest and leaned back into his chair.

"You want to step out for a second, you look zoned out."

"Nah I'm good." Marcus shrugged his shoulders and sighed lightly.

"Go ahead and call Miya to see how she's doing. I know you haven't seen her and the kids in a few days."

"I'll call her when I'm done here." Marcus held his head up and wrinkled his nose.

They stared at each other for a while until her grandfather broke eye contact to continue his meeting.

Everything was going in one ear and out the other. There was literally no reason for him to be here. He knew everything already. He wasn't trying to be cocky, because he knew where that got men, but the meeting was pointless. All he needed was his target, what to do, why he's doings it and that's it. He didn't care about business in Florida. That wasn't his home.

Deciding that he had enough of this meeting, Marcus stood to his feet and pushed the chair out just enough so that he had walk away. Marcus pushed his chair in and walked out of the room without saying anything else.

He maneuvered his way through the halls and up a set of hidden stairs. He continued to make his way around the house until he was ended up in the empty kitchen.

Marcus pulled out a barstool and plumped down with a heavy sigh. He took his phone out of his pocket to look at the empty screen and chewed on his bottom lip.

Nothing.

He haven't gotten a text, nor phone call from Miya all day. If he was honestly speaking, he haven't gotten a call or text from her in a day or two. He let it slide because he knew she was just getting back into the office and taking care of the kids, but two days was too much. He missed her.

Marcus unlocked his phone. He was greeting by his favorite picture of Miya as his lock screen. He ran his thumb again his screen and the without hesitation he pulled out his FaceTime log and pressed on her name. He watched it ring and just as he thought she wasn't going to answer, it finally said connecting.

He licked on his lips and smiled lightly as he saw her sitting at her desk in her office.

"Hey Mi Mi." Marcus called out to her catching her attention. She looked over at him and smiled weakly.

"Hey." She did a light wave.

"Oh no, what's wrong?" Marcus arched his brow. She wasn't happy. It was written all over her face and body language.