109. Casual Talk

Marcus Price

"It's been a few days Miya. I know you're still not upset." Marcus looked over at her as she stood over the stove with just a pair of boy shorts and a simple white t-shirt on. Her hair was wrapped into a messy bun as multiple strands of hair spilled out.

"I told you once and I've told you twice, I'm not talking about that no more. I'm moving forward." Her hand was on her hip as she tilted her head side to side.

"You need to talk about it to me. I don't know what you and Mason talked about." He sighed heavily as he leaned on the fridge.

"What is there to tell? He thought it was a bright ass idea to go out and try to cheat because I told him his ex been cheating on him with my ex." Miya shrugged.

"Now why would you tell him some shit like that?" Marcus squinted both his eyes. She knew how he was crazy about his ex and to say that to him was kind of out of pocket.

"It slipped out. I wasn't trying to hurt him. I was telling him about my past and what I use to do." Miya grabbed the spatula and flipped the pancake on its uncooked side.

"I would have probably cheat too the fuck." Marcus smacked his lips. "Get back at your ass for telling me some shit like that. That's something you don't tell your fiancé." He scoffed as well.

"You really think you're my fiancé after you admitted to trying to cheat and especially when you just said you would have done it too? Tread the fuck lightly Marcus." She continued to look down at the pancake.

"So what are we Miya?"

"Back to fucking square one because I'm not marrying no nigga who got angry and his first thought was to go cheat to get back at me. Yeah. No, thats not what the fuck we're doing." Miya looked over at him with no expression.

"So why the fuck am I here Miya?" Marcus smacked his lips.

"I don't know, why are you here?"

They stared at each other before she broke contact and looked down at her pancake.

"Well I'm not leaving this relationship. I didn't do anything so you can be mad all you want." He shrugged.

"I'm not mad Marcus. I don't care anymore."

"Are you just using me for sex Miya Marie?" He arched his brow.

"Cut it out. We had sex like once or twice these past few weeks. So trust me. It's not about the sex." She used the spatula to pick up the pancake but then sighed heavily when she looked at the bottom of it. She dropped the pancake back into the pan and turned the stove off. She shoved the pan off the stove and stormed off. He knew that she burned her hand, but she hid her pain too well.

Ignoring the little tantrum she caused over a little piece of overcooked pancake, Marcus walked after her.

"Why are you so angry all of a sudden?" He chuckled. He looked down at her ass to see how fast it was moving and smirked.

"I burnt my fucking pancake. I can't do shit right." She exclaimed as she walked into the livingroom and plop down on the couch.

He sat beside her and rested his head on her shoulder.

"Who told you that you can't do anything right Miya?"

"Everybody, I can't make a fucking pancake. I can't do this and I can't do that. I should just give my kids to my parents. I might as well be lonely as shit and live my damn life as a lonely hold hag." She sped out all in one sentence.