99. Maybe a Break?

Mason Price

He paced back and forth in the hospital room. It's been hours since Miya last walked out and he expected her to be at the hotel waiting for him, but she wasn't.

"Mason, where is Miya? She was supposed to be here hours ago."

Mason looked over at Marie to see a slight worry in her eyes.

He sighed lightly as he ran his hand down his face. "I-I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know where Miya is?" He heard David ask.

"Look, something popped off last night and I haven't seen her since." Mason licked on his lips.

"Well what happened? She's never late when it comes to her babies. She was suppose to be here at seven with you and it's almost noon." Marie nudged her brows together. "Where is my daughter Mason."

"Listen, she left and didn't tell me where she was going. I do not know where she's at. I've tried calling her for hours and her phone kept going to voicemail." Mason huffed.

He heard David chuckled and it sort of ticked him off.

"Bruh, what are you laughing at? I can't get into contact with her and your laughing like shits funny?" Mason squinted his eyes at him.

"It's very funny actually, Mason. You two clearly got into an argument about something that's been bothering her and she left to go handle the situation. If I know my daughter, I'm pretty sure she's doing just that." David arched his brow with a smirk on his face.

"What could possibly be more important than bringing her children home?" Marie questioned.

"Man listen, stay out my business." Mason mumbled as he sat in the seat. He dropped his face in his hands and sighed heavily.

"My daughter is my business." David chuckled.

"I should not be anyone's business." He heard her walk in.

Mason look up at her to see her dressed completely different from what she had on last night. She wore ripped jeans, a simple white t-shirt as diamonds laced her neck and wrist, with her gucci sneakers but something was missing. Her engagement ring wasn't on and her fist were red and scratched.

Mason looked up at her face to see not one scratch on her face, but her hair was tied up into a high messy bun.

She walked over to the babies and kissed each of them on their forehead. "Hey mama babies." She cooed. "I'm sorry I'm so late in taking you guys home." She continued to say to them.

Miya kissed their foreheads again and turned to look at him. "The doctor should be here soon to conduct the tests."

Mason licked on his lips and sat back in the seat.

"Miya where have you been?" Marie asked her.

"I had to go handle something." Miya shoved her hands into her back pockets.

"What could be more important than being here for your kids Miya?" David arched his brow.

Mason wondered the same thing and waited her answer.

"Nothing that needs explaining. I had to handle some business that's is none of nobody's concern. Drop the situation because at the end of the day, I made it here. A few hours late which I have apologized to the correct people for and that's it." Miya shrugged.

"So you don't think we are owed an apology? Miya you had us worried sick." Marie cut in.

"My kids and the doctor are the only people I feel as though need an apology right now." Miya licked on her lips.