116. Make it Right

Marcus Price

Marcus laid there as he thought about what happened today. Yeah things got a little out of hand, but they got it together rather quickly Marcus thought. Arguments, disagreements, and up and downs were apart of building a healthy relationship. At least, that's what he thought.

It was currently early in the night and the kids were just put down. There was nothing much he could have done at the moment so he decided to lay in the other room. He wanted to give her some space, but he was itching to get next to her. He chewed on his bottom lip and fought the urge to go in the room with her.

"Are you sure you don't need us to stay longer?" He was able to hear Marie walking pass the door. He glanced up towards the door but quickly looked away.

"Miya you can't ignore me." She sighed. He heard a shuffle on the wall, indicating that one of them started to lean against it.

"We don't have shit to talk about so I don't understand why you're pressing the issue." Mela smacked her lips.

"Watch your mouth when talking to me Miya Marie." Her voice was stern.

"You've been dead to me for years now. Nothing wrong with continuing the thought." Mela said and he pictured her shrugging as if she didn't care.

"Oh no Mela." Marcus face palmed himself.

"How dare you!?" Marie whisper yelled at her, but he could clearly hear the hurt and anger in her voice.

"No, how dare you." Mela was calm. "You came in my life and stirred shit around. Then when I came to you both for help you dismissed me. I needed both my parents and all you told me to do was suck it up and that this is the life I chose." Mela chuckled. "Do you really think I'll continue to give you the time of day knowing that you don't really give a fuck?"

"Miya, what I've told you was the truth. You are bounded to that man for life and you know that. I don't know why you're upset with the truth."

"They we're talking about me?" Marcus pointed at himself. "But I didn't do anything."

He continued to listen in on their conversation. He wanted to know what he did that was so wrong to begin with.

"I'm not going to discuss this when the situation has already been handled. I know what I have to do and what I'm going to do and I damn sure do not need your opinion on anything that have to deal with me and mine."

"Oh so now he's yours?"

"Never said he wasn't. And you think you're slick by saying this in front of the room door he's currently in. If you just want him say that. If you want Ariana to have him just say that and I'll gladly let y'all get a taste of what I have."

Marcus rolled his eyes and huffed. He secretly hated when she tried to offer him up as if he was nothing and just a pass around.

"Nuh uh. No thank you." Marcus shook his head. "Don't be offering up my services." He stood to his feet and quickly walked towards the door.

"I do think he'll look better wi-."

"See, I'm going to stop you right there because the next few words that's going to come out your mouth I will dead ass merk you in this hallw-."

Marcus quickly opened the door and stood in front of Mela. He felt the tension between the two of them and knew that Mela was seconds away from swinging.

"Let me talk to you right quick." Marcus nodded his head towards the door. He looked down at her to see her looking up at him with a blank expression.

"And Marie, let's go because I know you were not about to say what I think you were going to say."