108. A little gathering

Miya Anderson

Classical music played softly throughout her fathers house as guest conversed amongst themselves. Miya, not in the talking mood, leaned against the wall with her glass of Chateau Margaux wine in her hand. She sighed lightly and took a tiny sip.

"Ms. Anderson, Ms. Anderson. Don't you look mighty fine tonight." The gentleman smiled at her as he walked her way.

Miya didn't know who the guy was. She has never seen him around the offices or any of the sort. So she placed a smile on her face and nodded her head.

"Thank you." She had Marcus bring her black tight off the shoulders calf length dress and her saint Laurent black heels that she was able to change into quickly before the party started. Something simple. If he thought she looked good then so be it.

"It's absolutely not a problem. You know, I've seen your work and I just wanted to say that a woman of your nature posses something very special. Your knowledge is impeccable. David truly has an amazing business partner." He continued to spark a conversation with her.

Miya eyed him as she twisted her lips to the side. He was pretty cute. Clean cut, thick beard, light brown eyes that complimented his dark brown skin. He smiled at her and shown her his pearly whites. Miya examined his outfit and something caught her eye. His ring finger had a light patch wrapped around it, as if he took a ring off before coming to talk to her. From the looks of it, he was a newly wed and thought Miya wouldn't have noticed that it was off. Miya chuckled and decided that there was nothing wrong in carrying a conversation.

"Well thank you. I am honestly flattered that someone is able to look at my work and admire it." Miya nodded her head.

"It's absolutely not a problem. I just had to come and tell you myself." He chuckled.

"Thank you, really." Miya pressed her lips together and sipped on her drink.

"So, are you single or seeing anyone?" He asked her.

Miya looked at him and chuckled lowly to herself. As she looked off she caught a glimpse of Marcus staring hard at her from the other side of the massive foyer. He squinted his brow and slowly walked away from whoever he was talking to.

Miya looked at the guy and shrugged. "I don't think I should be telling you my personal business Mr.-." Miya paused to get his name.

"Mr. Ray." He quickly shot in. "Well I'm guessing that's a yes."

"Take it as you take it Mr. Ray." Miya licked on her lips and just as she looked up Marcus was no where to be found in the room.

Miya looked around and couldn't spot him anywhere, which raised some suspicion. This was not the time, nor the place to be doing any of that John Wick shit.

"I just know whoever you are with is one lucky guy."

Miya shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah he's one lucky man."

Miya felt a familiar hand slip inside of her free hand.

"Ma, let me talk to you right quick." He whispered inside of her ear.

Miya looked up at Marcus and nodded.

"It was nice talking to you Ray." Miya nodded as Marcus pulled her away and pulled her into an empty hall that conjoined the kitchen and the dinning room that nobody was able to enter unless it was a special occasion. They were far away from the party and that gave them the perfect opportunity to talk one on one with no one listening or even noticing that they were gone.

"So what's up?" Miya asked him as they came to a stop in the middle of the hallway.

"Who was that?"  He asked as he leaned his back on the wall behind him.