37. Im Glad That You're Here

Miya

"Miya I need you to do me this huge favor." Her father stood at her bedroom door. He stood there dressed in a pair of causal slacks and a button down shirt.

Miya looked up from her college textbook and took the reading glasses off. "What's up?"

"Remember that meeting you had for Mr. Watson?" He arched his brow.

Miya arched hers as well and leaned back into her desk chair.

"Yeah, I closed the deal with him just a few days ago. It was such a big offer and I knew it was something that we could not pass up. One percent of the business for that much money was almost to good to pass up." Miya was proud of herself when she made the deal. An eighteen year old college student closing a multi-million dollar deal was unbelievable.

"That, I am very proud of." He smiled with a head nod. "But I need you to do something else."

"What's that?" Miya arched her brow as she tilted her head to the side. She was utterly confused as to why her dad needs her help again.

"Tonight there's a dinner at Mr.Watsons home to celebrate the big deal and he invited us." He slid his hands in his pocket.

"Well that's great. I need a little time away from studying anyway." Miya pushed herself back and stood to her feet.

"Great, be ready in ten minutes so we can head on over there." Her dad did a light smile as he disappeared into the hall.

Her eyes widen with such the short notice. She quickly walked into her closet and picked something out. She thanked the heavens that she washed before studying because being stink while handling business was very unprofessional, and upright disgusting.

She quickly took off her baggy clothes and slipped on her beige long sleeve  Diane Von Furstenberg Zarita laced dress, that's stop just above her knee. She slipped her feet into her black red bottoms and exited out the closet. She took the messy bun out and shook her hair out so that she didn't look as though she was just studying.

"Miya hurry up!" She heard her father yell.

"Coming!" Miya grabbed her phone and quickly walked out of the room into the foyer where her dad was waiting.

"You look presentable, but you should have wore something a little more grown-upish." Her dad sighed heavily.

"I-I can go change if you wan."

"No no that will have to do. Now let's go." He cut her off as he grabbed her arm and walked outside to where a car was already waiting.

They both got inside the back seat and buckled in as the driver sped off. Miya found it a little weird that her dad wanted her to dress more adultish. Shouldn't he want his daughter to look at least some what presentable instead of having her chest out and tight clothes?

"Did you take your medicine before you left?" He looked over at her.

"Nope, I was studying." Miya started to get suspicious. Why would her dad ask if she token her medicine when he knows it makes her unstable and practically unable to do anything. What was really going on?