102. Need More Peace

Miya Anderson

"Hey, where's my grandbabies?!" She heard a sing songy voice ring through the house.

Miya nudged her brows together and looked around the kids room. She walked backwards towards the door and poked her head out.

Miya rolled her eyes and walked back into the room. She was not expecting to see her mom and sister walking down the hallway. She made a mental note to hit Mason on the side of his head for letting them in.

She heard her footsteps getting closer and turned around just in time to see them walking inside of the room.

"Hey my pretty baby." Her mom walked up to her and kissed her cheek.

Miya looked at her strange and squinted her eyes. "Hey."

"Don't even ask me why I'm here. I'm here to take care of these precious grandbabies you gave me." She smiled as she walked around her and to the cribs. "Then you're glowing, I recognize that kind of glow. Someone got their salad tossed last night. So yeah, go relax and spend time with your fiancé."

Miya stood there stuck as she looked at her mom. Miya looked over at Ariana to see her shaking her head.

"That's your mama." Ariana shrugged as she walked past Miya and towards the crib.

"No that's your mama." Miya put emphasis on the 'your' as she responded to Ariana.

"Oh please." Marie dragged out as she picked up a sleeping Janaya and cradled her.

"You wake my babies up and you dealing with them for the rest of the day and you putting them back to sleep." Miya huffed. She just put them down not to long ago and waking them up way ahead of schedule was going to be hell. She only got a good three hours of sleep in before the kids started waking up.

"And that's totally fine. Their aunty is here so she can help out." Marie smiled.

Miya looked over at Ariana and huffed. Even though she didn't get enough sleep, this was her job. No sleep or sleep. She was grown enough to fuck last night knowing that she had real early birds and she was grown enough to reap the consequences of her kids dragging her. That was just that.

"Girl, go get some sleep or do something with your life." Marie waved her off.

"Who yo-."

"Miya." She was cut off by his voice which caused her to look at him.

"What?" Miya mugged. He always seem to pop up when shit was about to go down. It was as if he had a radar on her or something.

"Come here." He held his hand out to her and waited.

Miya looked at his hand and then slowly his face. Squinting her eyes at him, Miya walked towards him and grabbed on his hand anyway.

They locked hands together as he pulled her out of the room and back to their side of the house.

"Why you let her in?" Miya asked him as he pulled her back to their room.

Once they both were inside, Mason closed and locked the door behind him. He pulled her towards the recliner in the corner of the room and sat in it.

Miya looked down at him and sat on his lap facing him. He reclined the seat back and got comfortable.

"I called her." He finally said as he licked his lips.

"Why would you call her?" Miya arched a brow.

"I feel bad that you only got a few hours of sleep and decided to call your mom to help for the day. First I asked if she was in town and luckily she was. I just want you to relax. Maybe we can go out and get some tattoos, get some food, come back and relax some more. Maybe sleep all day. I don't know." Mason shrugged.