Chapter 40: Worried Sunshine

Chat was worried throughout the akuma fight. He only spoke when he noticed something about the victim, but that was about it.

Ladybug caught on and was throwing concerned glances at him. Usually chat would talk on and on, flirt with her, she'd be annoyed, but with his silence she realized how used to his antics she was.

She observed him closely after telling him her intricate plan, enough to catch the conflict flashing in his eyes, but compliance he was giving her as soon as he jumped off.

The heroine didn't let it get to her and got the job done flawlessly, capturing the akuma after felipes skates were disintegrated. She did her miraculous ladybug that fixed up the city from being frozen, smiling at the sight of relieved parisians.

She turned to chat, who already had his baton out and ready to go. She didn't even raise her arm out for a fist bump yet..

"Chat! Where are you going? We didn't get to celebrate..are you okay?" She asked, her bluebell eyes staring into his jade ones in concern. He stared back, seemingly nervous.

"I'm just worried about someone, but maybe they're okay now?" he forcibly laughed, thumb twiddling with the tip of his baton. Ladybug furrowed her brows at his antsy behavior, catching eye of his swaying and swishing belt tail.

"You know that my lucky charm fixes everything. I'm sure they're doing just fine" she reassured, putting a hand on her partners shoulder warmly. He nodded along to what she said mindlessly, a smile straining his lips.

"Yeah.." He trailed off, tone still quiet. Ladybug let her gloved hand slip off his shoulder and stood in front of him, her arm extending out to him with a closed fist. He knew what it meant, they both did.

"Pound it!"

Amidst their not so enthusiastic celebration, a choir of gasps of and drowned complaints echoed in the busy downtown.

The hero's gave each other a confused look, leaping over with their enhanced abilities. From a first glance, it's hard to miss the darkness through the windows of multiple shops, confusion spurring from customers in and outside.

"Was there a power outage?" Chat voiced, and ladybug continued to watch the confused Parisians lingering near the shops. A few seemed annoyed at another disaster happening after an akuma, but others brushed it off and continued the rush of life.

"Yeah, it seems so..but I already used my lucky charm. What do you think happened?" Ladybug looked back at her partner with a puzzled face, and all he could spare her is a shrug. There wasn't any screaming, the air was clear of any smoke, in fact the sky was a flawless blue color, so what really happened?

With questions pestering her mind, ladybug ultimately had to drop it let it as bad timing. Paris was a big city with any accident bound to happen, and she could only hope the police could take care of it.

As expected, her earrings suddenly flashed and chats rings did the same. They gave each other a final wave as goodbye and went their separate ways, but in the back of their minds was one similar thought.

'Weird'

As soon as things turned back to normal you couldn't handle it anymore. Your sanity was at near zero and your body was still shaking despite the normal temperature resurfacing.

Your body was holding back electricity, and by then you didn't know what to do..so what happened?

'I let out my electricity into a generator and I fucking fried it! I thought it would've done the opposite' you thought to yourself in panic, feeling the buzz of the released electricity linger. You were walking home, cold, and disoriented after an unpleasant near death experience.