Chapter 34: Panic Catches Up

TRIGGER WARNING// PANIC ATTACK/NEAR PANIC ATTACK

You couldn't sleep that night. Not after realizing you were being targeted, which likely meant getting shot or something.

You were onto something, and you had a feeling you couldn't shake off.

What was worse?

You heard the early morning birds chirping annoyingly from outside your balcony. Early beams of sunlight began to shine through your curtains, warmly lighting your room.

You still felt cold. You were laying on the ceiling, stuck due to how much anxiety you were feeling.

Sprawled out, hands behind your head, you stared tiredly down at the ground.

You blinked.

Men we're rushing after them. They ran, ran faster then they've ever done in PE class. It was hot despite the sun slowly setting, but maybe that's because they were being chased deeper into the junkyard.

Past the piles of rumble, past the broken glass, deeper into the piles of ruble that took up more and more space.

They spotted an abandoned building. One no one dared to step near, but they had no other choice.

They ran toward it.

You opened your eyes, breathing heavily. You didn't blink. You refused to. Your body grew warm, so warm.

You cant handle this.

They fell over a piece of rubble, and they were so close to the building. So close.

No..no..

They scrambled to get up, sitting upward, but immediately sent on their back with a harsh boot kicking their chest.

The wind was knocked out of them. The sun was scorching their eyes. The light was so bright.

They couldn't see the men's faces, but the glint of the knife was the shiniest of them all.

Your body unstuck from the ceiling, and your body fell. Your reflex's immediately as quietly as you could muster. A soft thud sounded, and you scrambled to sit, knees to your chest.

In and out. In and out. Breathe in four seconds, breathe out eight. Keep counting.

Your body started trembling, but you had to get ahold of yourself. Why were you reacting this way?!

Get a hold of yourself! You've been in danger before, you could handle it!

Your will was strong, but bodys instincts felt stronger. Mind and physical form at war.

You continuously pinched yourself, staring at your curtains. You felt out of touch with reality, like you weren't there.

Was this a dream? Were you dying?!

No, chill out..chill out..

'Akuma. Akuma could come.'

You froze at the thought, your brains irrational possibilities halting. You took a second to breathe, taking big breaths, then using the bed as support to stand up.

Your legs were a trembly mess, but you couldn't let this escalate. And sleep wasn't an option either, so the best thing to do was to get started with your day. A good splash to the face and cereal before school should help..thank god it was a Friday.

But also a bad thing it was. God, why did chloe throw that party on a Thursday..why not a Friday? You could've been having this on a Saturday..

You kept breathing in and out softly, feeling your body soften. Your mental strength? Screwed. Your panic attack took too much energy to shove back.