Chapter 2: Dull Reality

You couldn't sleep at night, you never could, really. Your mind raced with thoughts and suppressed emotion, making it harder to stop thinking. It was hard when you were alone.

Beyond your social life with adrien, you had no one. You were a loner at school, which was a choice, since you were admittedly not interested enough in any of your classmates.

And at home?

Your parents didn't have time for you, being no where near well off either. You lived in the more run down, dirty part of town.

You weren't as poor as dirt or anything, places to rent were just too expensive.

Despite financial hardship, you thankfully had the luxury to get a console for Christmas, and some games every once in a while. You also had WiFi, which was really a must have.

You sigh, standing up to pace. You told adrien you wouldn't play games, so resorted to something else.

You walked to your closet and slid the delicate door open quietly, reaching for an unfinished black and red suit you've been working on.

Half of it was down, made of an impressive spandex material you've been able to scavenge from the junkyard.

You placed it on your work desk, aligning the stitching on your moms old sewing machine. It was highly outdated and dusty, 'ancient' you can call it.

You found it handy enough to make your suit, turning on your desk lamp to see.

Your rough fingers turned on the machine, immediately retreating back to hold onto your suit once it's low humming sputtered out.

BACKSTORY + INFO

You're (name) (last name), a teenager who was bitten by a radioactive spider.

You were given the power of sticking to walls, super agility, spider sense, invisibility, and others you are yet to discover.

You never wanted to use these powers, but once seeing a crime in public you felt a surge of bravery and charged into action with a paper brown bag over your head.

From then you wore a makeshift cloth mask, and still do, currently in the process of making a nearly complete suit.

You were pretty powerful, sneaking out some nights to try out your powers. You practiced a lot whenever you felt restless, making you quite experienced.

With a mask on, you were granted with a boyish voice. Mostly because your voice was muffled in the mask, but it did well anyway.

Hence why you already chose your potential hero name as Spider-Man instead of woman.

You'd rather have your identity sealed away with as many locks as possible though.

Being a superhero came with a lot of fear, so you stayed invisible the entire time whenever you're out to kick ass.

It was better to be safe than sorry.

Besides, you were always pretty camera shy anyway.

END OF INFO/BACKSTORY