Chapter 28: Evening Thoughts

Ladybugs over the top plan destroyed the arched building entirely with her lucky charm, and nino got to use his shelter ability as it all crumbled down.

You stayed put in the bush as it was destroyed, hands over your sharp ears to avoid busting an eardrum. Debris fluffed out as grey clouds, the scene before you looking and sounding like an explosion occurred.

Anansi was defeated.

You were in relief it was all over, but you knew deep down you weren't as happy as they were. There was an empty feeling residing in your chest, and from a stranger you probably look like you wouldn't even belong with them.

You ultimately decided not to stay for your friends after that. You knew Alya was okay. You knew everyone was fine, and for a fact Marinette escaped.

You decided it was best to go home, starting your walk back. You felt your body ache as you climbed out of the bush, stumbling out with the struggle of a few branches stuck in your sweater. You winced at the sore feeling dumped on your body.

Just your luck. You didn't really have anyone to blame, not even ladybug.

You were thrown so quick..but she could've grabbed you, right?

Leaves were scattered everywhere on you, stuck like leaches. You could probably blend in with the bush at this point. You ruffled out all the leaves and twigs caught in your hair, watching them all flutter to the ground.

You dusted off your clothes, feeling pain when you brushed over certain spots of your body. You didn't pay attention to it, knowing nothing was broken.

After deeming yourself presentable enough, you started your walk home.

You walked past all the green next to you, trees and neatly cut bushes alongside you.

The scenery transitioned to the city, now walking along the sidewalk. There were occasional knocked over signs and spiderwebs to hop over, but you could manage.

You gradually stuffed your chilly hands in your hood pockets, hearing ladybugs voice faintly yell, "miraculous ladybug!" From far behind you.

Just in time.

Her magical ladybugs swarmed around, sweeping past you on the street. All the toppled over cars and spiderwebs were gone, the cars neatly parked by the sidewalk you trudged on.

You could guess that the building behind you was repaired, too.

Giving the fixed street a side glance, you continued your walk home, body in protest with each step.

You ignored it.

No looking back now.

Your walk took a lot longer then you expected it to be.

What made you say that? The fact that street lamps were the only thing illuminating your path was the answer.

No one in sight was out. It was almost eerie, but citizens were likely inside like reasonable people. You could tell from the yellow lights glowing off their windows, which made you feel a little better.

What about your parents...?

You could imagine they were likely home, playing each other at Mario kart. They were pretty lenient people, but that didn't mean they wouldn't wonder where you were.

You sped up your walking pace at the thought of that. They'd ground you again if you didn't get home soon!

'Screw being in pain, I'm not dealing with an hour long scolding again'

-DISCONTINUED- Spider-bend [Chat Noir/Adrien Agreste x oc]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें