Chapter 22: Sleepy Advice

He fell asleep.

Adrien wasn't one to get too emotional, 'it really wasn't like him' he had once said. His friends at school never witnessed him cry, or frankly get extremely upset.

(Name) on the other hand?

You were stuck in an awkward position, adriens knees weighing down on your crossed legs and face snuggled into your neck. It was a warmth you weren't used to, one you longed for, but you didn't want to give in.

You uncomfortably shuffled, and he seemed to refuse on moving as he gave your body a squeeze.

You sighed, letting your fingers run through his hair. It was well kept and extremely soft, but he was a model, so it wasn't a surprise to you.

You were also stuck wondering what got him so upset, but your best guess is likely something his father did. That's usually the case, and he'd usually defend his fathers actions in the end.

You hated that.

And- you hated this position. It was likely not that comfortable for Adrien either, so you slowly laid back and rolled into your side. The blonde stirred at the harsh movements, puffy eyes peeking open.

You noticed and immediately took action,
"I'll leave you to sleep," you whispered, sitting up quickly to get him a blanket.

Adrien noticed and his eyes grew frantic, hand immediately grasping your wrist tightly.

You felt your heart lunge, shocked at how strong he was. You weren't even given the chance to speak when he yanked you back down into bed with him. Something about his eyes almost made him seem animalistic.

"Stay" his voice croaked, raspy and pleading for your presence.

That wasn't normal.

He pulled you into a hug and your cheek was squished in his chest while you felt him prop his chin on your head.

You mentally felt yourself screaming, since adrien never really did this. Hugs? A few short ones. That was it.

You really must've been his emotional anchor.

'Nope, nope. I cant get my hopes up'

Silence, pure silence was in the air. You decided to finally gain courage to speak to sleepy adrien rather than sleeping.

"..it was your dad, right?"

"Hm?" Adrien hummed, you felt his breathing warm your head in an odd way.

"Your dad, prince"

"..he probably didn't mean it. I took it too seriously-"

"No, no. That isn't okay, Adrien, you cant keep blaming yourself. Your dad isn't treating you right, and you have to acknowledge it at some point" you respond, and he let himself fall into silence.

"..I think.." he started to whisper, speaking but his voice muffled by your hair.

"What??"

"I think I messed up" he repeated, starting to grow nervous. His fingers eventually started tangling into your hair, but you ignored it.

"I also don't know what to do about it..kinda like a fight between friends? How do I fix it..?" He asked, and you felt your mind swim to different answers.

One stood out more then the rest, though.

"Well..it depends, if they've been an ass then let them go to you first. If you think it was your mistake, then you confront them. Whatever happens goes from there" you responded, and he hummed. You could feel the vibration in his chest.

"I'll...keep that in mind. Thank you, bunnaboo" he held you tight, afraid you'd try leaving. He wanted your company.

You didn't seem to attempt leaving though, which left him with a smile as he cuddled into you.

Though you didn't leave, you stayed wide awake. You refused to fall asleep.

'I refuse'

'I refuse'

'I refuse'

The scorching heat burned the body, it sent a sensation of discomfort and surging pulses.

It was hot. Beads of cold sweat dripping.

Muttering was heard in the far distance.

The body stayed limp, struggling to intake air.

Can't breathe.

Can't breathe.

BREATHE.

You shot up, gasping. You inhaled and exhaled raggedly, and your eyes dart to the empty spot next to you. His warmth was still present.

The said boy suddenly creaked the door open, shocked to see you were awake.

"How long were we asleep?" You asked, and Adrien responded as soon as he started settling back into bed. He was sat down right next to you, head craned sideways to look at your frantic state.

His eyebrows furrowed, "about 20 minutes when I checked my phone, but..are you okay? You seem really scared" he pointed out, and you decided not to lie about it.

"Just a nightmare, it really spooked me.." you said, practically breathless. You kept breathing in and out through your nose, but you felt like you never got to breathe at all.

Adrien slowly wrapped his arms around you and settled the both of you back in bed, laying down. His fingers ran through your hair, letting you relax.

He was warm.

"It's okay. Deep breaths now, [Name]. Deep breaths. Stay still. You're freezing.." he said softly, and you followed his instructions that slowly calmed you down. You were able the breathe.

You finally felt at peace to close your eyes.

Did you though?

A short, kinda fluffy chapter. I feel bad it's so short but I wanted some fluff so 😝