Chapter 31: Clean Up Chaos

It was Thursday. The rest of the week went by normally, and unfortunately chloe didn't seem to change much. Not that it showed, at least.

You decided to get over it and forget about the whole thing. Who cares anyway, the fact you tried was enough.

Besides, Marinette was finally improving! Short answers for the win!

You were proud to say your method was slowly working. Adrien could finally talk to Marinette without her backing out, however she was still shy and stuttering.

Alya was over the moon about it, but nino seemed to be a different story. You couldn't explain the look on his face when Alya would ramble on and on about Marinette and adriens future.

He was attentive to it, but he didn't seem so hype about it. He was more mellow like you were, however you felt that way for reasons you couldn't explain.

Marinette has been happier though, which made you soften up. She even got her dad to give the class a good cooking lesson on how he makes macaroons.

Staring at the bowl made you hungry, and Adrien, who stood beside you, gave your arm a discreet nudge.

"Close your mouth before you catch flies, youve been gasping for a minute" he whispered, and you didn't seem to listen. Your full attention was on the bowl being stirred with the flick of a wrist.

Adrien realized he wouldn't be able to get your attention, making him sigh with a small smile and use the bridge of his fingers to close your jaw.

You loved sweets and goodies to the point you practically drooled, the voice of Marinettes dad drowned out into a garbled mess.

You were too distracted despite wanting to try making these yourself one day.

"..now we need to chill it for half an hour. Marinette?" His voice suddenly processed through your ears, making you turn to the bluenette who perked up, "yes dad?" She chirped with a toothy smile.

She did not look pleased beneath that mask she wore. Something probably caught her eye.

"Could you put this in the school cafeteria fridge for me please?" He handed her the big bowl, "in the meantime, I'm going to show your friends how to whip up egg whites"

"Of course!" She flashed a smile before walking out of the classroom, leaving everyone to attentively watch the lesson.

"See now, I'm quickly whisking the-"

A loud blaring sounded in your ears, making you wince. Everyone else was startled with their gasps, but your ears were close to hurting.

You cupped them, getting in line behind adrien. Miss bustier opened the door, standing against it, "quiet now students, single file line!" She called out calmly, the class making their way out and down the stairs.

The fire alarm was going off, but you weren't worried. Your spidersense wasn't going off, but damn did your eardrums have to suffer for no reason.

You sighed,

'This better be worth it'

'Not worth it'

"So some smart aleck has the bright idea of calling the fire department" the principals voice boomed, and that was the cue to deadpan on your dull face. Your eyes were in an annoyed glare and lips in a neutral frown.

Who's dumbass would do that?

"Somebody amongst us thought it would be funny to waste the fire captains valuable time" he continued, and the fire man nervously pointed to the exit, "yeah and if you wouldn't mind-"