Chapter 10: Gamer

A/N- I'm proud of the fluff. Prepare for some cute stuff.

Adrien made sure to keep his eye on you as much as possible throughout the day, noticing how hazy you were throughout each class.

That's when he had suggested to most teachers you sat by him, and from then he noticed you were an expert at multitasking.

You were awake for the notes to jot on your tablet, but dead asleep during the times the teacher had her back turned.

While awake, you also had an array of pens in your pocket. You would pull adriens left hand under the table to doodle on it.

He didn't seem to mind, taking his attention off the lecture for once to fondly smile at your creations.

More so, at his tired best friend enjoying themself as they drew whatever shapes and words came to mind.

During the last period of the day, you managed to litter his hand in hearts, stars, emoticons, and random little words;

Mr. model
The best
Blondie
Kitty eyes

It was mildly embarrassing to see you write such cheesy words, but because it was you, he didn't care that much. He'd wash it off later.

The bell for the end of the day rung, and Adrien nudged you awake. You stirred, opening your eyes and popping your stuff muscles.

"How'd you sleep, bed head?" He slowly packed his tablet into his bag, and you rubbed your tired eyes.

"I barely remember what we did today, but recovered at least a few hours of sleep" you shrugged, and he glared at you in question.

"A few hours?" His eyes squinted accusingly, and you carefully put your expensive tablet in your backpack.

"Yeah, but.. I'm sorry that I slept instead of hanging out with you. I should've slept more the night before, and maybe I could've actually been a good friend" you hummed, your voice coming out as bittersweet. The sweetness seemed to barely coat over your true feelings.

"No, you're not a bad friend. You're my best friend, and just seeing you in person is enough for me. I'm sure we could hang out properly tomorrow" Adrien smiled sweetly, gently bumping your shoulder.

You smiled back, both of you leaving the vacant classroom.

"Oh! Right! There's this gaming tournament coming up, and two students get to be chosen. We're competing in the library today, and you should try, you've always been a pro at ultimate mecha strike III!" He cheered, eyes practically full of stars once mentioning your skill.

You took a moment to think about the tempting offer, feeling your fingers itch to grab a controller.

"I can try, but I doubt I'll do it" you threw an arm around his shoulder, but struggled to stay casual with your height difference. Not to mention, his shoulders were pretty broad, making it harder.

"Why are you so tall? And Buff? I'm pretty sure you have muscles" you gawked while poking his shoulder lightly, making him laugh sheepishly.

"No, it's probably just because of fencing" he excused, averting his eyes away from you.

"Oh look! The library. Lets go" he grabbed your wrist and dragged you along, making you stumble over like a newborn deer.

The library was silent except for occasional muttering from the participants, followed by alya recording the whole competition.

You made no real attempt to make new friends during this, leaning against a bookshelf comfortably to avoid awkward encounters with other people.