Chapter 11: Smile

Chat noir made it back to his home, landing on all fours once detransforming.

His eyes reverted back to their light peridot color, his dirty blonde hair growing shorter and lighter.

Plagg tiredly yawned, rushing to a cupboard where his Camembert stash was.

Adrien however immediately scampered to get his phone, opening up your contact.

Plagg poked his head out as he chewed his beloved cheese, "theyre fine, what's the hurry?" He asked, and Adrien sighed in frustration.

"They put her life in danger! They've been through a lot with me, and seeing them get captured like that worried me too much, Plagg" he laid on his bed, fidgeting with his phone.

The Kwami frowned at his solemn state, zipping up to him.

"You say you're in love with ladybug, but ignore the person who'd do anything for you.." Plagg accidentally muttered, making Adrien respond quickly,

"I am. (Name)'s just a friend" he said with ease, getting a sigh out of his kwami.

Adrien was extremely loyal.

"Yeah, yeah, now call them already. I've got Camembert to eat!" The sprite throws a slice of cheese in his mouth while his owner dials your number.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt? Were you scared?" Adrien pestered, to which you nodded until the last question was thrown at you.

"It wasn't too bad, I knew I wasn't going to die. I couldn't let myself be controlled by fear or anything, I've played too many video games for that" you snickered, and your friend grumbled.

"Im serious! I saw the footage on the news, it was dangerous. You could've.." he shook his head, swallowing his words.

"This isn't a game, (name)" he stressed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

He earned a big eyed look from you. A single blink and you erupted with laughter, brushing it off.

"I knew what I was getting into when I transferred, some hardcore shit. I can handle it, you don't have to worry" you dismissed, then adding on to a more light hearted topic,

"But seriously, that one guy, um..chat noir I think? Yeah he was a total flirt. 'Cutie' my ass.." you scoffed, and Adrien seemed to be amused by your distaste.

"Wow, someone's mad" he whistled, and you continued,

"But, even though he's flirty I respect him. He's what a hero should be, since he tried hard to save me. And not gonna lie, I really like his costume. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not into fur-"

"(NAME)!"

"What?! I'm just saying!"

The next day you walked to school to be met with an excited auburn haired student, aka alya. Her eyes sparkled with excitement, and you couldn't even say hi before being dragged onto the school steps.

Her phone was out and recording your clueless self,

"Tell me, how'd it feel to be kidnapped by an akumatized victim?" She questioned, and you wet your lips nervously,

"It wasn't bad, except for the uncomfortable seating" you responded, and she continued,

"Why did you push chat noir before he could save you?"

"I only did what I had to. Ladybug needs him, so.." you trailed off, leaning back and forth on your heels.

"Chat noir seemed pretty worried, which means you must be special. Have you met him before?"