Chapter 4: Easy Peasy

Your voice was the only thing that echoed throughout the empty streets of your neighborhood, letting you ramble to your hearts content. It got progressively louder the more you felt your excitement grow.

"I can't believe it..Paris. And I'll get to meet adrien. My best friend. My literal only friend OH MY-"

So distracted, your body forcefully halted. You squeaked once realizing your surroundings.

You had just arrived at the front door of your house, almost banging straight into the door. You were glad to have these newfound abilities to save you and your clumsiness.

'At least the spider blessed me with something..' you fished out your keys from the depths of your pocket, shoving it in the keyhole to unlock the door. Something stopped you from going in though, feeling a hesitance to even push the door open

You took a deep breath, gaining courage from the thought of being able to see adrien in person.

A nervous grin was set on your face, a small spark of hope rising when you pushed the door open.

Inside, your mom was cooking dinner, while your dad was on the couch watching TV. The sizzling from the kitchen and blaring noise from the tv clashed, already making your hope shatter.

You peeked into the kitchen,

"Hey..um, mom?" You spoke quietly, knowing your dad wouldn't even hear you if you tried talking to him instead. She hummed to show she was listening.

She wasn't even looking at you though.

With a sigh, you put your permission slip on the table. You pulled out a pen from your backpack and set it down on top of it, nervous that both your parents would reject you from going to Paris.

You sat on a wooden chair at the dining table, tapping the wood impatiently with your fingertips.

'This isn't going to be easy..'

"It was that easy" you muttered blankly, thinking back to the lack of protest your parents had. Did they even care?

Your eyes were dull, and your chest tight. They simply signed it and told you not to get hurt after you explained the permission slip after dinner. You were getting into details too, but they seemed bored to death.

'On the bright side, I get to go out and do new things. That'll help, right?'

"Yeah. At least.." you comforted yourself with a nod, still feeling burdened by the lull of solemness.

You were going to leave on Friday morning, and today was Wednesday.

You finished your homework in study hall, so with a shrug, you rummaged through your closet to pack up your essentials and clean hoodies as best you can.

Every fold was somewhat messy, whether a sleeve was messed up, or looking balled up like a sleeping bag.

You looked at how it fit in case, squinting at it with your newfound perfect vision,

"Hmmm..no"

"Why not?! (name).."

Right now you were on FaceTime with adrien, and refused to give him details about a surprise you were planning for him. The surprise obviously being your arrival in Paris.

"Because it's a surprise for a reason dummy" you rolled your eyes, which only provoked him further.

"Hmph.." he looked away from the screen stubbornly. He wasn't actually mad, more like extremely playful.

"Awe..come on princey, show me that cute smile" you gushed, trying to get him to look at you. He seemed to break a little, but stayed stubborn.

"Like I'd show you..but I am pretty charming, aren't I?" He responds with a smirk, still not looking at you directly.

Your own cheeks flushed, feeling at a loss for words.

"What? Cat got your tongue, bunnaboo?" He faces you properly, teasing you greatly. He loved being able to get you back, since your reactions always boosted his confidence.

"I..what..whatever you tease" you finally sputtered, patting one of your flushed cheeks. Adrien felt his chest swell in pride at the sight.

"Mhmm..I got you back" he smiled teasingly.

"Yeah yeah, you win this time" you laughed softly, then slyly adding, "but hey..at least I got you smile. It's what I wanted, wasn't it?" you hummed, earning an awestruck expression from the blonde. He was supposed to be ignoring you.

It wasn't often this happened, but Adrien was flustered on how easily he was able to lose sometimes. It was fun outsmarting him.

That night was the most peaceful you've had in months, and for once, you fell asleep looking forward to waking up.

You'll finally get to meet adrien soon.