Chapter 21: Fight Fire with Fire

It's been at least a week since that incident, and you started to realize how Chat noir has caught you in your worst moods and times.

You thought back to your meet ups before and how salty you'd been.

"Damn, I've been an asshole" you groaned to yourself, burying your face in your hands.

Of course, just because of that conversation you had with Chat didn't mean you fully liked him. You didn't enjoy his flirty side, it made you feel weird.

Now that you've had a peek into what he's been feeling though, you were making a plan on attempting to be a better friend..or a friend at all. You wanted the change to be subtle though.

You kept pacing back in forth in your room, nervous on what to do. Your eyebrows were furrowed in thought, thinking of the possibilities on what to say, or what to do.

A certain thought always came back round, and you couldn't help but think,

'Maybe I should buy him an apology gift?'

"That's damn cheesy, but this dude is the definition of cheesy.." you muttered, rushing to throw on a coat and sling your travel bag over your shoulders. You couldn't forget the handy bag, after all.

You slipped your shoes on and rushed downstairs, a voice then speaking up from behind you.

You felt yourself stiffen, afraid you would get in trouble. It's your first day out after getting grounded, but the feeling still sat deep in your chest.

"Please, (name), if there's an akuma I want you to run back home. After seeing you sneak out, I figured out why" your mother claimed boldly, and by now you felt her sharp stare burn holes into the back of your head.

You gulped, feeling your hands sweat and grow sticky. You ignored your anxious symptoms.

"Honey, I know you have a crush on Chat noir. That's okay, but I don't want you chasing after him to go see him!" She scolded, and you immediately choked on your saliva.

You hacked and hacked, your cheeks flushing a million shades of red all the way out to your ears. You couldn't tell if it was because of your coughing or bewilderment.

You liking chat noir..?!

God no..

you then cut yourself off abruptly. Your brain had an idea, an absolutely stupid idea.

'PLEASE work, please get distracted!' you mentally begged before sucking up a breath and turning to face your mom.

A sheepish smile was on your face, cheeks still red.

"Were just friends..trust me! It isn't what it looks like! My interest is else where" you barely managed to squeak, feeling your insides coil nervously. You were cringing on the inside, but seeing your mothers smug look almost made the vague truth worth it.

Almost.

She still seemed weirdly happy, but then you realized what your honest brain let out.

'My interest is else where'

''My interest is else where'

'My interest is else where'

'Damn you, sleepy brain..' you thought bitterly, looking at your mom with a grim expression.

"Good to know, sweetie. I'll find out who you like one way or another~ now run along!" She dismissed eagerly, certain that you liked someone.

She just didn't know who.