Chapter 14: Prime Queen

Today had joy speckled in the air of your small bedroom, a light atmosphere floating in the air. It would be the day you tried out everything.

You overlooked your completed suit proudly, excited to finally take everything on a run.

It was perfect, a full black with some read peeking out. The red spider on the chest portion made you smile, proud of how far you've come.

It was a special day, because all parisians would be stuffing their faces with the hour long ladybug and chat noir interview.

Ha, sucks for them.

"I can finally go out without having to worry about anyone~" you bounced on your toes excitedly, prancing like an untamed ballerina.

You texted adrien you'd be busy for the rest of the day, and you were, prepping for your scheme.

Your plan was to sit on the Eiffel Tower and eat ungodly amounts of snacks- of course, not before you leaped off the tower like a maniac.

You haven't even tested your webshooters yet, that's how blindly you went into this. You could potentially really hurt yourself, but today, you didn't care.

Today was your day. Today was for spiderman.

You grabbed your handy dandy mini backpack and walked downstairs, raiding the cupboards to fill it with pop tarts.

Your mom looked at you with a raised brow, seeing you unusually excited.

Why were you stacking junk food in your bag like it was a game of Tetris?

Being completely unaware of her stare, you got out a plastic container and stuffed your favorite chicken inside, feeling your mouth water at the mere smell.

You added a side of rice and pressed on the top on, hearing its loud pop.

"Honey, what are you doing?"

In a panic, you whipped around, the container hidden behind your back. Your shoulders were up and tense while you held a boxy smile, looking extremely awkward and suspicious.

"Hey, ma. I wanted to go out and have dinner, since I don't wanna sit here and watch the whole 'superhero interview' thing" you relaxed your muscles, trying to look normal to keep the situation casual.

Her judging expression seemed to soften into one of a curious puppy, nodding along to your reason, but in question.

Didn't everyone like Superheros?

"Alright then, that's fine. Just don't come back too late, okay?" She approached and took your container with tonight's dinner, carefully stacking it in your bag. You were flabbergasted at her calm response, but nonetheless struck her with a toothy grin.

"Thanks, mom! I won't disappoint. Tell me if their interview has anything interesting, by the way" you winked, and she laughed, playfully waving you off.

"Of course, darling, now scram! Be free!" She ushered you out of the kitchen as if freeing a butterfly.

You ran upstairs after a barrel of laughter, slipping into your room. You carefully clipped on your webshooters before pulling your suit out of the closet. You treated it as if it was your own child.

Your impatience contrasted your careful behavior, pulling it on in haste. You felt it press on like a second layer of skin.

The suit was a lot breezier than expected, and looking into the mirror you saw a more confident version of yourself.