Chapter 17: Puppeteer

"Marinette" lady WiFi hissed, jerking her pointer finger at said girl.

You glanced between the two with a darting gaze, confused on her childish voice pitch. Was Alyas brain hacked or something?

"Give me those ladybug and chat noir dolls!" She demanded, and Marinettes face went blank. Her brain didn't seem to process what was going on, only uttering the akumas name.

"Lady WiFi?"

Just the sound of her own name made her glint in disgust, crossing her arms stubbornly,

"No! I'm puppeteer, and I want those dolls now!" She whined, seeming close to throwing a temper tantrum. You could feel Marinettes confusion.

Her response was fumbled, barreling out as she tried to piece what was going on.

"The dolls? I- I don't have them, they're at home..why do you want them, puppeteer?" She asked, careful not to end up angering the childish villain.

Despite her voice having a soft edge to it, puppeteer stomped her foot on the ground,

"Because you said I could have them, then mommy said no! So give em to me now! Or you'll be super duper sorry" she smirked, and you felt a realization.

"It's the brat from earlier-"

"Manon?"

Your realizations with each other collided, your wording coming out completely on accident.

Marinette gave you a look, and so did puppeteer.

"(Name), you didn't let me win! I'll get you!" Taking her phone out, you backed off with a chuckle.

"See ya later, Marinette! Um..kinda pissed off the kid, bye bye-" you were cut off by a flash of purple headed your direction, and you dove out of the way.

Adrien, from the other side, felt his heart race. It was a similar feeling he felt as chat noir when you risked your life for him, a horrible gut twist.

Parisians screamed in horror at the attack, and the doors to the train slid open just in time for you to slip away from another shot.

You stumbled on your way out, your arms flailing. You almost face planted, but pushed yourself up with your hand.

You ran to hide in the train tunnels, and soon after puppeteer came surfing out, probably to Marinettes house.

A breath you held in heaved out, and you witnessed a wave of citizens rush out of the train.

Marinette came out soon after, confronted by chat noir who asked for information.

During this, you quickly stripped your clothes down to a reveal your suit underneath, balling your your clothes and stuffing them into your backpack.

Quietly zipping your bag, you pulled down your mask and let invisibility chill over you.

Your head peeked around the corner, watching Marinette give Chat noir her address. Seeing it as the perfect time, You stayed as close as possible to the wall and slid along with your backpack, trying to walk away without suspicion.

Arriving without a problem, you watched parisians go on with their day. Some were frazzled, others confused.

It was perfect. Why do this though?

Because you'd rather not look suspicious when coming back for the bag if it was left here.

With a deep breath, you wheeled your arm back and threw your backpack. Hard. It rolled in the air, landing on top of a building with a 'thud!'