Chapter 16: Marinettes Research

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Alya peeped over Marinettes shoulder, constantly re-reading a prepared text message.

"Yeah! Why not invite them over? I mean..they are my friend. And I get information for my research!" The bluenette cheerfully inquired, sending the message after making it seem friendly enough.

Her friend had her arms crossed, a brow perked in amusement at her excuse.

"That, and these, 'research purposes' are to find out how they became such tight friends with adrien"

-

"Go! Go! Go! ADRIEN YOU WEAKLING!" You cried out, biting your nails anxiously.

With your precious console left back at home, Adrien decided to cheer you up by letting you watch him play a game.

His phone was balanced up by a few textbooks, keeping it angled to let you witness the horror of a chase scene.

His small character sprinted as they were spotted by a giant man (the mistake on adriens part as he was too busy messing around with game physics), his abnormally long arms dragging after the poor boy.

"I'm trying! Im not fast enough" from the corner of your screen, you could see one of his shoulders bundle up tensely.

The scene was controller gripping, the huge man reaching closer and closer through the dark-

"Huh?"

Your phone dinged, showing a preview of a message from Marinette.

It wasn't too surprising, since you two did talk sometimes, but you couldn't help but feel confused.

Quickly opening your messenger app, you read her message;

Marinette (o^^o):
Hey, (name)! I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out at my place? I noticed we don't really talk much, and I want to get to know you better. If you want to come, arrive at the bakery later today!

You blinked in confusion, then blinked again. She invited you over? Why?

You were nervous for sure, not hanging out with anyone besides Adrien or nino was a scary thought.

An exciting one too, though. You were invited to hang out with someone! And it was by choice!

"Hey, are you okay there? You're not commentating on my walkthrough" Adriens voice playfully broke through the speaker, and you returned back to the FaceTime app.

"Yeah, I'm fine, it's just- Marinette invited me over to hang out, and I'm not used to actually having friends besides you and nino! What am I supposed to do or say?" You panicked, and Adrien set his game on pause. 

He put down his controller and came into view of the camera, grabbing his phone which shakily turned to view him vertically.

"That's cool. Just say yes and go, she's really nice. Besides, with how funny you are there's no denying it'll go well" He chirps in excitement, making a smile softly tug at your lips.

"Okay then. Thanks, princey" you breathed in relief, thankful you had such an encouraging person bombard your life.

With a bashful smile, he hummed cheerily in response whilst you crafted a polite message.

(Name):
Yeah, sure! I'd love too. I'll come in about 30 minutes :) see ya.

Crackaroach:
Adrien I have regrets she's probably gonna hate me

You arrived at the bakery, standing outside of it like a still statue. You fiddled with your backpack straps, sadly having to drag a traveling bag around with you due to Chat noirs deal with spider-man.