Chapter 25: The Sapotis

You had to take action, do something, but one thought pestered your mind the most.

Your backpack.

In the midst of chaos, you backed away from the running monsters and discreetly snagged your bag, holding it tightly to your chest.

You continued to witness the horrors of the devils multiplying. Alya jumped around to capture them while Marinette stood on the couch in fear.

The sapotis went from raiding the fridge to drinking water from the fish tank, visibly making you cringe.

Nasty.

As the kept bouncing off the walls, one of them noticed the fluttering curtains flowing from the outside breeze.

Wait..outside?

"Marinette! The window! We cant let them get out!" Alya yelled, and Marinette sloppily slid down on her stomach trying to grab the creature.

Her attempt failed as the little monsters stepped over her, using her back (even her head) as a trampoline to launch themselves out the window.

One by one, the sapotis creatures were gone and let free into the night.

You put your backpack on before hurdling over the couch, squatting down next to Marinette. You held your hand out, which she took.

You stood up and pulled her along with you. Alya was in an immediate panic.

"I have to get my sisters back!" She said frantically, running out of her home with the door shoved wide open.

You blinked, staring at Marinette. She looked concerned, eyes lingering where Alya once was.

Her eyebrows then furrowed, a fierce look flickering in her bluebell eyes.

"I've got to go after her. You stay here, lock up all the windows, okay?" Marinette patted your shoulder sympathetically, all you could respond with was a nod.

She flashed a small smile before running off and slamming the door behind her.

You knew alyas home didn't have cameras or anything (thank god) and opened your backpack, digging your hand to the bottom and pulling your suit out.

You stripped your pajamas off immediately, putting the suit on. You clipped your shooters on your wrists and pulled your mask over your head.

You were ready. Stuffing your pajamas in your backpack, you slipped it on your back and shot a web out the open window. It hit the building across the street and you ran, jumping off the balcony.

You swung yourself over the monsters, catching sight of red and only red.

"Damn.." you muttered as you shot another web at one, poofing it. You released your swinging web and landing on top of the building.

Time to track down Ladybug and Chat Noir.

"It's forbidden-"

"To play around with traffic lights!"

Chat noir gave one of the sapotis a shove and it easily fell off the light and into the string of ladybugs yo-yo.

"Hey..just in time" she landed on the ground, taking the hat off the akuma and breaking it.

"Uh..yeah" he landed down across from her. The creature poofed out of thin air, and he wasted no time to comment.

"How'd you know to destroy the monsters hat?" He asked, and her eyes widened in realization.

"Uh..trial and error" she replied, voice in higher tone then before.