Chapter 29: Getting to the Rude Blonde

The weekend went by with no further problems. You recovered more sleep than lost despite the tossing and turning you usually went through beforehand.

There were forks in the road, but so far you've had a steady past few weeks. It felt good to hang out and spend time with your new friends.

Sometimes you'd have more energy, other times you wouldn't have any at all. Everyday was a gamble on how many hours you'd get in.

This was surprisingly a time that you had more energy. A lot more than you've considered average with the sleep you got over the weekend. It was to the point that you were in class, awake to take notes with the efficient flick of your tablet pencil on a Monday morning.

Your classmates were surprised to say the least. You were in Miss Bustiers class when you got a sticky note passed to you by your partner.

You glanced at it, 'wow, the grizzly bear finally decided to wake up' You gave Nathaniel a curious look, perking a brow. He was your seat mate for the rest of the year.

After the school finally received another table, you ultimately decided to sit next to the timid red head instead of taking the new empty table next to him.

You've gotten along ever since, even with the fact you were asleep half of the time. You'd usually doodle random things to each other and play games of hangman whenever things got too boring.

He recognized the look you gave him, jerking his head in the direction of Kim's table.

Ah, Kim. He was already looking at you with a cocky smile you wanted to knock off. He teased you quite a lot for sleeping, unlike Nathaniel who was nice enough to wake you up and talk to you on the occasion.

You set your glare at him, whipping out a pencil and writing a message under his own.

'I literally can't even breathe without you teasing me. PLEASE SHUT UP KIM POSSIBLE'

Miss bustier was still teaching, finally facing the class as she spoke. She had hawk eyes, and you didn't want to risk any trouble with your bad intention.

Not yet.

You continued writing notes from the board as she read a passage from a book she held, emphasizing on a certain sentence. She turned to the white board, uncapping her marker and writing another annotation for the class to write.

Her back was turned, perfect.

"Watch this.." you muttered to Nathaniel, who leaned back. You were sat further away than Kim, therefore needing the space to get your hit right.

You quietly crunched up the sticky note and threw it at Kim's head, getting it spot on. The hit was drowned out by bustiers voice.

Kim rubbed the back of his head, grabbing the fallen ball of paper and opening it on his table.

He read the note, rolling his eyes.

He pulled his bottom eyelid down and stuck his tongue out, whilst you flipped him off in return. Max, who was quietly sat next to him, seemed unfazed by the silent bickering.

He simply looked at the two of you, but you changed your attitude once he caught your eye and waved with a smile.

He chuckled silently, giving a wave back before taking notes once again. Kim was irritated by now, crumpling up the note and hitting it off the table with the back of his hand.

He simply wanted to leave it on the floor for you to pick up, but unfortunately hit chloe on the back of the head. Mylène wasnt there, as she went to the bathroom earlier.