Chapter 24: Bonding

"Toothbrush, blanket, suit, webslingers.." you listed under your breath, stuffing your backpack with necessities. You had a small blanket folded over your suit, which sat at the bottom.

Always had to be prepared.

You dressed up in stripped pajamas, a long sleeve button blouse with a matching pair of pajama pants.

You'd probably look crazy. It's the start of spring, after all. It's the type of weather where you'd slowly start wearing short sleeves at night, but you dressed like it was the start of winter.

Fluffy socks adorning your feet, you slipped on a pair of slides and zipped up your bag. You slung it over your shoulder and headed downstairs, spotting your mom standing at the bottom with a huge smile.

"Finally having a girls night! Thank goodness. You only seemed to get along with the boys" she breathed in relief, and you whined.

"Mooomm!"

"Teasing, I'm teasing!"

"Stop teasing me!" Marinette groaned, hands buried in her hands. Alya laughed, hand over her mouth.

"Take this as a lesson, kids, to never be mean to your friends" the autumn haired girl concluded, and her little twin sisters laughed at the story.

"Off to bed now, alright? You gotta be ready for the amusement park tomorrow!" Alya gently ushered her sisters along, who seemed to finally comply.

The doorbell ringing ruined the moment, raising their excitement.

"Can we please meet your friend? PLEASE? We promise we'll be good!" They begged in unison, on their knees to show desperation. Alya looked down on them before chuckling.

"Alright, but you're both going straight to bed after!" She caved in, and Marinette immediately beat her to opening the door.

The door swung open to reveal you, dressed in pajamas.

"Hey Marinette" you greeted shyly, and the bluenette smiled.

"Hey (name). Glad to see you came!" She held the door fully open and you walked in. Alyas home welcomed you with earthy colors, nice beige walls and dark brown couches. Paintings and plants hung about the walls.

It felt homey.

Speaking of said girl, the blogger waved vigorously alongside two smaller kids. The site of them confused you, and definitely startled you once they ran around you.

They're twins..?

"You're alyas friend! Hi!" One of them, clad in pink pajamas cheered. You nervously laughed and spared her a wave.

"Are you gonna talk about secrets? Boys?" The other in blue pestered, and Alya shook her head from a distance. She approached from behind and grabbed them both, both arms wrapped around the girls.

"Sorry about them. They were just about to head to bed. Isn't that right girls?" She asked expectantly, making her little sisters burst into a giggling fit.

"Yes, yes we were!" The responded, and Alya excused herself before walking off to set them to bed.

Marinette giggled, her bluebell eyes following her leave. They soon darted to you, to which she scooted over and patted the spot next to her.

You walked over and threw your backpack on the floor, sinking back into the couch.

"I'm not good with kids" you finally said, scratching your arm. Marinette laughed.