Chapter 18: He Noticed

Adrien wasn't exactly stupid, but wasn't the most aware either. He had a lot on his plate, and had the idea you didn't want to push further onto it.

There seemed to be a different side to you, one that he couldn't decipher. It wasn't a bad thing, but after seeing your face this evening he had extreme concern and thoughts.

"Were they attacked? They seemed tired..how did spider-man know who to give the bag to? Does he know them?" His voice interrupted the nighttime silence, making Plagg groan.

"I cant have 5 seconds of peace.." he grumbled, flying up to adriens face from his Camembert stash.

"They're probably is tired, and maybe they knows who he is?" Plagg guessed off the top of his head, and Adrien groaned, slumping over his desk.

He currently had his monitors brightly blaring at him, every one of them a different photo or screenshot he took of you.

"Are you sure you aren't obsessed with them?" The kwami muttered to himself, noting that his owners been going through pictures and past messages for hours.

Missing his sarcasm, Adrien spoke on,

"I haven't really helped them out with anything besides her parents on the occasion, but I see they're injured. The more I check, the more I notice random bruises and bandages. What if they're in danger? What if there's something they arent telling me?" He rambled out in a single breath, left to take a deep inhale.

Plagg noticed how much more concerned Adrien seemed for your wellbeing, making him quite proud, but he'd never admit it out loud.

"I doubt they'd tell you" he shrugs, zipping up to the different pictures in the monitors.

You had bags drooping under your eyes, seeming drained of life, but having an energetic sparkle. Something he noticed by looking at these pictures.

Adrien seemed like a life saver, that's for sure.

"Well, maybe I have to help keep them safe. I don't want them getting hurt" he stared at his monitors, a passionate glow on his enhanced irises.

"Yeah, that's the disgustingly sweet spirit I know. At this rate you might as well follow her as chat noir.." Plagg joked, to which the overly concerned blonde took very seriously.

"Yeah, that sounds good," he nodded along subconsciously, and the creature of destruction gave up at trying to cheer him up for now.

Adrien needed more sleep than jokes right now.

The next day adrien woke up sluggish for school, wasting too much time worrying the night before.

He showered and quickly got dressed, snatching his phone from his nightstand to text you.

Guccimodel:
Good morning rabbit

Crackaroach:
Good morning my guy

He smiled to your quick response, and Plagg took a peek over his shoulder.

"Well someone seems to be in a better mood" he commented, and Adrien yawned as he slung his book bag over his shoulder.

"Yeah, couldnt sleep well though. Had a dream (name) was some sort of top secret hero.." he chuckled, but it came out forced. Plagg seemed to find that humorous,

"If they had the chance, they'd never be a hero. They'd rather stay home and play games, and we both know that" he nudged Adriens cheek, making him smile fondly.

"Yeah..they would"

You gazed into your bathroom mirror, squinting as you gently jabbed the purple blotch on your cheekbone. It stung, but you only cringed at the feeling.